his ocean eyes

Song Recommendation: Ocean Eyes - Billie Eilish

490 words

"You really know how to make me cry
when you give me those ocean eyes."

×××

"Jihoon?"

"Hoonie."

Seungcheol called out after he
entered inside their room. There, he saw the small boy sitting at the edge of the bed, his pair of little feet dangling and couldn't reach the floor anymore.

Jihoon's head was dipped down, his shoulders were shaking. Seungcheol couldn't point out what was exactly happening right now. Under the dim lights, he could hear sobbing noises.

"C-Cheol hyung..." Jihoon's voice cracked. The older slowly walked towards the latter. He knelt down infront of the petite boy, scrutinizing Jihoon's serene-looking face.

He held his chin up, meeting Jihoon's eyes that shone like diamond in the darkness. "Why are you crying?" Seungcheol wanted to ask, but he remained silent.

He caught a glimpse of Jihoon's pair of warm eyes, and it was the most beautiful canvass portrait to be seen if ever painted. He never diverted his gaze anywhere, he only adored Jihoon's ocean eyes. They looked at each other's eyes, with the same intensity.

Seungcheol held the boy's little hand, swifting his thumb continuously at the back of Jihoon's palm to calm the younger down.

Jihoon's eyes were glistening, a bliss of gentle breeze. They were deep and delightful to look at. Seungcheol thought. He wouldn't miss a chance to stare at his eyes for good hours. He was in awe for adoring those pair of stars that twinkle in the middle of the night. It caused Seungcheol's heart to beat erratically.

He let his free hand to land at Jihoon's cheek gently, carressing it in a most timid way. Jihoon leant on to the older's touch, closing his eyes to familiarize the delicate feeling, wanting it to last forever.

"No, don't close your eyes." The older wanted to speak out. Instead, he let the smaller understand him in a non-verbal way. He made him feel safety and affection at the same time by trapping the faint figure between his arms.

He encircled his left arm around his back, his right hand at the back of Jihoon's head, ruffling his hair.

And that moment, they both felt the oddly wonderful sensation that dangled inside their stomachs. It was dead silent, but they can feel each other's hearts that pounded rapidly. It felt like those wanted to come out from their chests and unite solemnly.

Jihoon can't help but to bury his face into the older's neck and sniff his scent. Seungcheol flinched, but he liked the feeling of Jihoon's nose on the crook of his neck.

It lasted for almost 20 minutes, fighting the urge of moving so that he won't disturb his sleeping Jihoonie. He smiled when he heard soft snores and gentle squints. Yes it may cause stiffness but everything was worth it. Jihoonie was worth it, every pain, every tear.

"It's always worth it. Everything was worth it when it comes to you.
Please don't stop showing me how beautiful you are." Seungcheol muttered before prepping the child under the sheets, staying with him through the coldness of the night.