Chapter 15

I looked around class, only to realize that everyone had left. I didn't even notice the class bell ringing. I can't even pay attention to anything else but him when he's around me. How the f.uck am I going to get over this idiot? 
"W-what are you doing?" I asked him as his hands led my hands around his painting, guiding me through the outline of the owl. My voice came out so low, that I wondered if he heard me, but I realized that he did when he replied me.

"I miss you."

His hands dropped to my waist, and slightly tugged me back, erasing away all the space that was between him and I seconds ago. I was thankful that the class was empty now, but I knew that Alex would never do anything with me when there were other students around. I hated feeling so vulnerable to a guy that broke my heart so badly, but I couldn't bring myself to move away from him, not when I missed his embrace so much.

His free hand brushed away the hair that cascaded my right shoulder and pushed it all towards the left and started pecking the length of my neck. "What happened in the class just now baby? You just stormed off."

I stormed off because you had sex with Summer.

My mind was drawing blanks. My tilted back to rest on his shoulder, reveling in the feeling that his lips brought me. My hands snaked around his, which were currently circled around my waist, and it felt like as if I had gotten a part of my heart back. His embrace felt like home. "I- uh- had to go to the toilet." I laughed awkwardly.

"You never could lie properly, you know. I could always tell when you were lying." He said as he let out a soft chuckle.

I didn't know if I should tell him the truth, and having him so close to me made it near to impossible to think straight. I was overjoyed for having him so close to me, but the fact that he waited for everyone to leave before he could even talk to me tore my heart apart. And that's when it dawned on me that this is what he always does. He manipulated me to keep everything a secret, and even now he hasn't apologized for that, and now, he's doing the same d.amn thing. I couldn't fall into the same cycle, not again. I wanted him, but in the right way, I wanted to scream to the world that is was the man I loved and that he was my world. I wanted him to hold my hands when we walk through the hallways together, for him to think of me as his girl. I wasn't giving in to him until he was willing to give me that. So I did the only thing that made sense to me at that point of time.

I lied.

"Oh yeah you caught me. It was totally Harry's fault. He wanted me to-."

"You need to stop hanging around him. He's no good for you." He cut me off halfway. I could feel his entire frame tensing at the mention of Harry's name. His hands snapped away from my waist, making me miss the warmth that his embrace brought. I turned around to face him, and there was a growing distance between him and i, both physically and emotionally. His eyes were guarded and almost all specks of hazel were gone from his eyes. I snorted at the irony of the guy who broke my heart into pieces and started dating another girl barely a weak from our break up saying that someone else was no good for me.

"You were no good for me Alex. Harry's great. He likes me for who I am and doesn't try to keep him and I a secret." I retorted back at Alex.

It felt like as if something I said hit a nerve, and immediately all coldness left his eyes and were now  guarded by a veil of vulnerability.

"I know. I know I was no good for you. You deserve someone good for you, and Harry's not that person. Listen to me, please." he pleaded to me.
I was at a lost for words. Alex was agreeing with me? He looked so defeated which only made me want to kiss all his pain away. I moved in closer to him, I wanted to, no I needed to kiss him, I needed to feel close to him. I inched in closer to him, and was merely an inch away from the sound of someone calling me startled me. I turned around to see Lydia standing at the door of the art class.