Chapter 6

I finally saw a shelter near the schools carpark and right when I was about to reach it, I bumped into someone. I looked up to see a very confused and wet harry. Before I could say anything, harry draped his arm around my waist and pulled me towards the shelter. 
Once we reached the shelter, there was just silence. I was trying to calm down, to stop crying, but it was like as if Alex poured salt all over my open wounds and they were burning. I was starting to shiver and I immediately started to regret wearing a sleeveless top today. I was cold, wet and I was pretty sure my mascara was smudged all over my face. I was running my hands up and down my arms in hopes of feeling warmer. Within seconds, I felt harry standing closer to me. I could see that he was feeling awkward. He kept staring at his feet and his feet was both pointing inwards. Huh, he was weird feet. Before I could tell him that he didn't really have to stay with me here, he hugged me. Since harry was tall, my head landed perfectly on his chest while my arms hung loosely around his waist, unlikes Harry's arm which hung tightly around my waist. Some thing about hugging harry felt comfortable. We stood there for a few seconds without moving. 
"Kitten, you okay? You wanna talk about it?"

"Alex- Alex and I broke up." I was starting regain composure, but when I said Alex's name, the tears started falling again.

"Aw man. It's okay. He's a douche anyway. You deserve so much better."
I started to doubt the sincerity in Harry's words, but somehow they made me feel better. I wasn't going to question if he meant what he said. Alex just told me he loved me and yet just told me he was ashamed to be seen with me. The rain started to die down and I was wondering how I'd get home since Alex was supposed to be my ride home today.

"Kitten, do you have a ride home?"

I didn't want to trouble harry and so I just nodded a yes.

"Uh huh. Who's your ride?"

"Uh- Lydia. She'll drop me."

"Lydia? The girl you hang with? I saw her leaving like a hour back. Looks like I'll be your ride for the day."

I didn't want to burden harry. He and I weren't exactly friends and I didn't want to be a nuisance. I was about to politely decline him when he guided me to his Black range rover. He opened the door for me and made me sit inside and then went to his side and turned the car on.

"I might not be able to advice you or do those things that chicks usually do but I can listen to you if you wanna talk about it." I wanted to pour everything out to someone and I just wanted to let it all out.

"Erm Alex just kind of flipped when he saw you and me holding hands today morning. I mean we weren't even holding hands. I just didn't want to be late to class!" I let out a big sigh.

"Hold up. Your fight was about me?"

"In a way. It started off about you, but I guess all our other problems kinda got in the way too. Argh why are you boys so tough to deal with?!"

"I don't think the problem is with boys. I think the problem is with emotions. People always get so invested in a relationship and inevitably, when the relationship fails, everyone gets hurt."

I looked and harry and I could see that he was deep in thought. I don't know what came over me at that moment, but I put my hands over his. I could see harry was shocked but i felt like comforting him was the right thing to do. 

"It's not true you know. Not every relationship ends. It's worth it sometimes. All the hurt, all the pain, is worth it if the person you love is worth it. You just got to find the right person. But until then you'll just keep getting hurt, I guess." I suddenly felt movements on my hand and then realized that harry's thumb was absentmindedly stroking up and down on the back of my palm.

"That's not true. You never ever find that person. I've seen great couples crumble before me. I remember when I was younger, I used to think there was no happier couple then my parents. Now, the only time they are happy, is when they are apart."

I was stunned by Harry's sudden confession. I had a urge to hug him. Hugs always made people feel better right? Like how Harry's hug made me feel better just now. Without thinking, I leaned away from my seat and hugged harry. Despite the uncomfortableness because of the awkward positioning, i was starting to feel better and I was hoping that harry felt better too. I pulled away from the hug, only to be stopped by harry. 
"Let's just stay like this. For a little longer. Please." Harry's pleading tone left me speechless. We stayed without letting each other go. He sounded so vulnerable, so unlike his usual confident self.  Suddenly harry jerked away from the hug, creating distance between us. Although there was space between us, it was a bare minimum. Just a inch closer and our noses would touch. As I was about to move back to my seat, Harry's hands found my chin and tilted my head up. Our gazes were locked and I realized then how pretty Harry's eyes actually were. They were a dark shade of green, which was actually quite mesmerizing. I noticed his eyes flickering to my lips, and my eyes did the same.