5.

It's been two years or so since the dinner with the gang that happened back in Vernon Hills went down, David and I tried to keep in touch since that but we failed horribly to keep in touch since then I think the most we've hung out since was when I was his assistant for the summer, I heard he finally got a girlfriend that wasn't me of course but I didn't mind, David was happy with Liza and I was "happy" with Shawn even though something fishy is going on between us, Isn't this how it's supposed to be? Shouldn't I feel happy that David is happy.

DING!

Text from; David Dobrik
___________________________

David Dobrik: NATALIE MARIDUENA!

Natalie Mariduena: yes? David Dobrik

David Dobrik: sooooo.. I'm really in need of a vlog and I'm close to your dorm..

Natalie Mariduena: are you asking for me to be in a bit for your vlog?

David Dobrik: yes :)

Natalie Mariduena: no

David Dobrik: please😁

Natalie Mariduena: no

David Dobrik: PLEASEEEEEE

Natalie Mariduena: Fuck..

David Dobrik: is that a yes?

Natalie Mariduena: yes.

David Dobrik: YAY! HAHAHA

___________________________

A couple hours went by after David and I's conversation over text until he decided to call me once I answered I hear David's familiar laugh over the phone but it didn't sound like his normal laugh, he sounded sad, maybe it's because its coming closer to Christmas and he can't be with his girlfriend? and it's stuck in Vernon Hills? as our conversation went on he told he was outside I then run out to my balcony once I heard those words.

"Natalie!" I hear David yell from across the campus field "your embarrassing me David!" I yell back David and Jason then laugh "I'm gonna film a bit really quickly! And I'll be up!" he yells "okay!" I yell back

David looked sad and I wasn't sure what he was sad about but it was something, who knows maybe he was just stressed about not finding an assistant yet I helped him over the summer and he seemed more happy and at peace when he had me helping him Maybe I should help him again? maybe he'd be happier but I know Shawn wouldn't be happy with that but I almost don't care about what he has to say because I'm almost convinced that he's been cheating on me ever since the second week that we were together but maybe that's just me overthinking about the situation again.

David and Jason were then finally finished their skit and started climbing up the stairs "hey Natalie!" David says running over for a hug "David!" I yell as he hugs me "can we talk later?" he whispers into my ear, I get chills as I feel him close to me it's been so long "of course" I reply.

He then pulls away and introduces me to Jason, I've met him once David made me shoot him with a paintball gun "Natalie this is Jason, Jason this is Natalie" David says awkwardly "I know, I've shot him with a paintball gun before" I say laughing "I'll never forget that" Jason says laughing we then all laugh and film another skit, David's fake laugh and watery eyes were putting me off way to much I haven't ever seen him like this.

"Let's go get some pizza later?" David whispers into my ear "you guys probably need some catching up, I'll go hang out with David's parents" Jason says laughing "that'd be nice" David says smiling "Yeah have fun with David's Slovak parents" I say laughing "Hopefully my dad doesn't lecture you again jase" David says smiling.

"Let's get going Natalie" David says walking over to the door "what about Jason?" I ask "I'm taking a taxi" he says "have fun with that" I say softly, David smiles at me and leads me to his car "I'll never get over that you have a fucking Tesla" I say smiling "me either! I'm always so shocked whenever I see him" he says laughing

_______________

"So what were you going to say earlier Dave?" I ask, he then look at me almost like he's about to cry "it's about me and Liza" he says softly "She broke up with me last night and then I woke up this morning and told Jason I was going to Vernon hills to see you" he explains "why would you need to see me?" I ask
"Because your the only person I can trust with this" he says "and I was wondering if you wanted to be my assistant?" He says smiling "it's been pretty strange in an empty house and having to do everything on my own, I'm so stressed Nat" he says softly "I'll do it" I say.

"But I have no where to stay? And I need to finish collage" I say again "you can stay in my house with me and when do you finish?" he asks "I finish in early January" I say softly "Perfect" he says smiling "can you decorate it too?" He asks "decorate what?" I ask "our house" he says softly "Me and Reggie can" I say smiling "perfect" he says winking at me.