16.

SEVEN MONTHS LATER.

On a cold Sunday morning my friend Cas told me everything about soulmates from their names to what impact they'd have on my life.

I lay on this hospital bed pushing out the next eighteen years of my life but even in horrible pain I begin to remember something she said to me.

~
"The first is a 'complete stranger soulmate' This is that person you meet for a brief moment and yet you feel like you've known them for eternity Or perhaps you're walking along a busy street, magically lock eyes with them, and feel a pang in your heart. This is the person who comes into your life for seconds, if you're lucky enough minutes, and your souls collide, and your heart explodes. This is my favourite type of soulmate because the connection is so completely unexpected, yet so powerful."
~

"Push!" The doctor yells! "Push!" Cas yells from the distance "Push!" My parents yell the tears fall from my eyes, The pain I felt as I kept pushing was mind numbing.

"It's almost over Natalie!" The doctor says I kept pushing until I heard a faint cry from below me "Oh my god!" Cas says "It's a boy!" The doctor says "Can I hold him" I ask "Of course" The doctor passed him towards me. I grab support his head and look at him for the first time

PANG!

My heart felt like it was going to explode and my eyes continued to water as I looked at him, He was so beautiful! I couldn't help but sob even more knowing that I could make something so precious as him. He already had hair It was brown and curly! He had David's eyes, my mouth and my mother's nose and possibly David's eyebrows.

"I love you" I say holding him closer to me "You were worth everything my beautiful boy" I whisper, he continues to cry as he looks at his surroundings.

"Looks just like his mom!" My Mom says from afar "He's perfect" Cas says "You did absolutely amazing!" The doctor compliments "So, whats his name?" My mom asks as I start to think I can't help but remember a conversation I had with David when we were having our annual "Sleep over on a school day" In tenth grade.

~
"Okay! Truth or dare" he asks me "Dare!" I reply "Okay! I dare you to drink the rest of my chocolate milk!" He says laughing "Your so boring" I say grabbing his cup and finishing off his milk "Okay!" I say as I lay back down on our shared bed "Truth or dare?" I ask him he looks at me and smiles "Truth!" He says smiling even more "Your such a pussy!" I say laughing "I've been picking dare for the past hour nat! You have no right saying that" he laughs, I smile "Okay" I smile once again "Let's say you were a father to be" I smile "The father to your child I hope?" He asks "Of course" I smile "What would you name it?" I ask "Okay, that's serious! But if I'm being completely honest here nat! If they were a female I'd name her Daisy or Ruby" he smiles "Never knew you were such a sucker for girl names I laugh "And if they were a male i'd name him Finn" he smiles "Fin?" I ask him "Yeah, I don't know why but whenever I think of baby names That name always comes to mind.. maybe it's destiny for you to have my baby!" He says smiling "it's an amazing name davey!" I say smiling "I can't wait" he says "Me either!" I yell, we then laugh our night away. Life with David was amazing.
~

"Finn" I say smiling.

"That's an amazing name" Cas says.

"Welcome to the world Finn" I say smiling at him.

David would've loved to see him.