2025 - Detour

2025

After a quick stop over for breakfast, all eleven hit the freeway on their way back to Seoul.

Or at least that's what the couple thought.

With stomach full, Jin was recharged to man the wheel, thriving amidst the plethora of conversation from the people behind him.

His eyes quickly flicked on the back mirror, catching sight of a dozing Jimin with his head resting on Jennie's shoulder.

He shook his head, amazed at how he could sleep like a log with all the noise, especially when Jennie was excitedly raving to Namjoon and Taehyung about some clothing brand she found on her last visit to Japan.

Yoongi, he found when he checked again, remained at peace with his airpods and eyes on what he assumed was his phone. Probably, he assumed again, texting his girlfriend.

Whipped.

When he caught the tail end of the conversation between Hoseok, Jisoo and the rest of the 97 liners, he could't help but butt in.

"I can't believe people think my fiancée and you would be well suited." Jin pipes from the driver's seat.

The eldest could imagine Jungkook rolling his eyes at him when he remarked. "Please hyung, if it weren't for me, you and noona would not have gone official in the first place."

"Yah!" He yells, but that was all Seokjin could say since he couldn't refute the maknae's statement.

Knowing the story, everyone except Jimin laughed.

Ungrateful brats.

• LISA •

Aniya. I was never jealous of Yongsun unnie. When you see them together, they bicker like siblings and just like siblings, you could clearly see their affection for each other. Jungkook would be there to comfort her during break ups and unnie would be there to knock some sense into Jungkook when he does something stupid. Even after the whole dating rumour, things never grew awkward between those two.

I admit it was stressful how everyone was so adamant about them being together, even after their agencies denied any romantic relationship. It was never our intention to drag another person into our probelms, so Jungkook and I decided that we'll just reveal our relationship months earlier than planned.

But Yongsun unnie and Jin oppa, they didn't want that. Out of the blue the two announced their relationship. We didn't even know that they had gotten back together! I remember Jungkook being so shook when he read the news that he immediately called unnie to scold her but ended up being scolded instead. [laughs]

Maybe they did it because they knew that it would be difficult for us to plan our wedding if everyone's eyes would be on us. Either way, I'm more thankful to Yongsun unnie than jealous.

• • •

The energetic pop music blasting at the start of their trip had long since transitioned to ballads that had lulled almost everyone to sleep.

Jimin was still dozing off on Jennie's shoulder while hers rested on his head. Taehyung and Namjoon somehow ended up in the same position. The married couple was too, the only difference was that Jungkook and Lisa had their arms around each other.