Chapter 2

"After a long night of drinking I had blacked out and the next thing I knew I woke up, my clothes torn, left for dead in a gutter covered in my own vomit and a hangover from hell. That's the night I finally vowed to get my life straight and I've been sober three years since that day." Clapping emerged through the group at one of the member's sob stories.

"Thank you for sharing that with us. On that note, let's conclude this meeting here. I'll see you all back here the same time next week." Itachi mentally let out a sigh of relief as he stood up and made his way out of the building like all the other members were doing. Honestly, he didn't know how much more of this he could take. If it wasn't for him trying to appease his overbearing parents, who refused to listen to reason, he'd never go back.

Itachi took a deep breath as soon as he reached the cool outside air, trying to rid his senses of the smell of coffee and stale cigarette smoke. It seemed like most of the people in the group were just replacing their alcohol addiction with something else, like smoking or drinking caffeine.

Walking towards the back of the building to head to his car, Itachi spotted a girl he recognized from the AA meeting- [Name] if he recalled correctly- leaning against the building's wall. He watched her curiously as she brought out a flask from her coat pocket, bringing it to her lips as she slugged back whatever liquid was inside. Itachi shook his head slightly as he continued his way to his vehicle. Well, that was one was to deal with being stuck in that meeting for so long. Though, he had to admit, he was craving a drink too.