Chapter 6

It had become a routine now. After their meeting was over, Itachi would meet [Name] out by the same brick wall she always loitered at. They'd share a smoke, the occasional drink, and have menial chit chat about their lives. It was comfortable, really. It sure made going to the AA meetings that much more tolerable.

Though, tonight, Itachi could tell something was off. [Name] could barely stay awake during the meeting, her head kept bobbing as she was going to fall asleep then startled herself awake. Turning the corner to meet in her designated spot, Itachi's eyes fell onto her slumped over form as she violently retched the contents of her stomach onto the sidewalk.

"Hey, are you ok?" Itachi hesitantly placed a hand against her back as she continued to gag. It was the first physical contact either of them had besides the occasion brush of fingers when passing a cigarette. [Name] shrugged her shoulder to rid his hand from her, causing her to lose balance and fall into the wall. A heavy sigh left Itachi's lips, there was no way she could drive home like this. "Let me take you home." Itachi placed his hands on her shoulders to help stabilize her.

A string of incoherent words left her mouth as Itachi had to basically carry her to his car. She immediately fell into his back seat, sprawling out as if she finally reached her limit and passed out. Another heavy sigh passed Itachi's lips as he ran his hand through his long raven locks. He has no idea where she lives and it doesn't seem likely he'll get it out of her... Pulling his keys from his pocket, he closed the door and made his way to the driver's seat. It looks like he'll just have to take her back to his place for the night.