Chapter 3

Itachi's keys jingled as he pulled them from his pocket before inserting the proper one into his apartment door. Swinging the door open, he tossed his keys into the glass bowl on the table by the door as he flicked on all the lights. A heavy sigh left his lips as he made his way towards the living room and sat down in the recliner. Though, his peace was short lived as his phone started ringing, the designated tone letting him know it was his little brother.

"Hello?" A slight smirk spread on his lips as he answered, hearing Sasuke shush whoever was in the background.

"How'd your meeting go?" Itachi had to refrain from letting a groan pass his lips.

"It went fine. I think I'm cured." Itachi's smirk widened as a soft chuckle met his ears.

"Wouldn't you have to have a problem in the first place in order to be cured?" A slight hum left Itachi's lips in agreement.

"Sasuke! Just ask him already!" Naruto's shrill voice could be heard in the background.

"Shut up, I'm getting to it!" A smile spread on Itachi's lips as he tried not to laugh while Sasuke snapped at Naruto, thinking he was covering the receiver. A heavy sigh met his ear. "Anyway, do you think you could buy me a case of beer? There's this senior party tonight..."

"You're asking an 'alcoholic' to buy you beer?" Itachi chuckled. Though, Sasuke remained silent not finding his joke funny. "You know if mom and dad find out you'll be forced into these meetings with me."

"Look, can you do it or not?" Sasuke asked, getting rather annoyed. Itachi just smiled to himself at how impatient his brother is. Oh well, Sasuke was going to have to learn these things and deal with the consequences for himself.