Chapter 12

Itachi smiled as he checked his phone, seeing a text from [Name] saying she was running late. Ever since they were fortunate enough to have breakfast together they have been talking to one another pretty much nonstop. On top of that, [Name] has also opened up more in their AA group, sharing her story and struggles. She hasn't had another slip up like the last time either. The only time she would drink was when she was with Itachi and that was only a single glass on occasion.

"I'm so sorry I'm late." Itachi's smile widened as he turned to see the [h/c] haired girl he was waiting for rush up to him. A smile spread on her lips, a blush slightly dusting her cheeks, as he immediately took her hand in his and leaned down to place a kiss against her lips in greeting. "It hasn't started yet, has it?" [Name] gripped Itachi's hand tighter as she met her [e/c] orbs with his dark ones.

"No, but Sasuke will be glad you're here." [Name's] smile widened as Itachi looked down on her fondly. "My parents are already inside. They're excited to meet you." [Name] just nodded her head absentmindedly as they walked through the crowd of parents and eager students in their regalia. He could tell she was a bit nervous about meeting them but after nearly six months she thought it was about time. "You'll be fine." Itachi whispered, squeezing her hand as reassurance while they entered the building, a huge banner decorating the stage with the graduating class of Konoha High. Honestly, he would have to thank his parents for forcing him into AA. Although he was against the idea at first, if it wasn't for them he would have never met [Name]. Itachi smiled as his parents came in sight. It's funny how the world works sometimes.