Chapter 5

After that simple interaction with [Name], Itachi was intrigued to say the least. Honestly, she plagued his mind the rest of that night and the following week. He wondered why she bothered to attend the AA meetings in the first place. Obviously she has a problem with her drinking but she doesn't seem to take the program seriously if that flask she carries around is any indication. Maybe she was forced into it like he was?

"[Name], would you like to share anything with the group?" Itachi's eyes turned towards the [h/c] haired female a few chairs away from him. She was sitting, slumped in her chair, with her arms crossed over her chest. It was apparent she wasn't entirely sober.

"Pass." A slight frown crossed the host's lips but he moved on to the next person in the circle to keep things moving. Though, Itachi's focused remained on [Name] as she sat there looking like she'd rather be any place but here. Honestly, he was a little disappointed that she didn't share anything. He was hoping to learn a little bit about her.

As expected, once the meeting ended, [Name] was leaning against the same wall with a cigarette dangling from her lips. The smoke rose up towards the night sky, illuminated by the street lamp closest to her, as she stared blankly into the distance. The ash fell from her cigarette and onto her jacket, burning a hole into the fabric, before she realized and brushed it away.

Her [e/c] eyes fluttered towards Itachi as he approached, her fingers automatically going up to grab the cancer stick from her lips. She silently held out the cigarette as an offering, her eyes glued on him as his fingers brushed against her skin, feeling cool to the touch, before raising the burning stick to his lips. Itachi took a long drag, exhaling the smoke as he handed it back to her. Her gaze lingered on him for a moment before looking back out at the empty scenery, perching the cigarette back between her lips.

"The stars sure are pretty tonight." [Name] murmured, taking another drag before flicking the ash away. Itachi's gaze immediately went up to the vast, dark, sky above him. Millions upon millions of stars illuminated the sky along with the iridescent glow from the moon. It was quite a sight to behold.

"They are." Itachi confirmed as they fell back into a comfortable silence, merely enjoying the others presence before they had to depart and resume their daily lives.