CH. 9

CH. 9 (Emmett)

I returned from Italy to a very happy family.

Esme and Carlisle welcomed me home with warm embraces, while Alice was practically bouncing from excitement.

"So you're gonna give her a chance then?" Alice said.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"Well i've seen you two together and very happy, but who ever listens to me?"

Everyone seemed happy and congratulated me, they all knew that now i would openly pursue Red, Well almost everyone happily welcomed me back.

After the initial excitement of coming home everyone kind of went about their normal routines. I sat on the sofa next to Bella, She had her feet tucked under her and her nose buried in a thick book.

"What's wrong Little Sis?" I asked.

I always though that out of everyone here next to Jasper, i was the closest to Bella.

"Nothing," She said lying.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. "You know, you've never been a very good liar."

She smirked a little and looked up at me from her lashes. "So that's it, you're just gonna move on from Rose?" She asked calmly.

I sighed, and sat back against the sofa. I should have known Bella would be bitter about me moving on. She and Rosalie had become very close two years ago when Bella was pregnant. She had refused to be angry with Rosalie, she always harbored delusions that she would come back and everything would go back to normal. I had the same hopes.

"Bella, when i went to Volterra, i went as a broken man searching for his lost love. I saw Rosalie and to be honest she is no longer the same women that any of us knew. She was cold and distant. Her and her husband look like they're doing very well, and as far as i could see they were happy together. But the deciding fact for me was when i looked into her blood red eyes and saw nothing but a cold hearted killer, someone who turned her back on everything she once was only to please the man she married." I said.

Bella was staring at me with wide eyed shock. I knew Everyone in the house could hear our conversation and i didn't care, they needed to know what i had seen.

"And Elle? Do you love her?" She asked looking deep into my eyes.

Without hesitation i answered her. "I Do, to be honest I've loved her since the first moment I saw her, but I was too stubborn to realize it."

I was smiling at my own admission as I recalled our first meeting so clearly.

"Now i just have to make up with her, i was kind of an asshole to her the last time i saw her, i have to gain her trust, find out more about her, let her in, and ask her to be mine. All i can do now is take it day by day and hope that she will except me and everything that comes with being with me."

Bella gave me a hug. "I only want things to go back to normal Em." Then she got up and went to her house.

I Sat on the sofa a bit longer until Jasper walked in.

"I'm proud of you Emmett." Jasper said.

"Thanks Man, it wasn't easy but i knew i had to do it to give Red and I a chance."

Jazz nodded in agreement. It felt good to be on the same wave length as my family once again, i wasn't moping around anymore. Now i was all smiles because i was always thinking about Red and i couldn't wait till the next time i would see her.

"We're gonna be out of school for a little over a week." Alice came into the living room and announced. "Starting tomorrow all the way until next Tuesday." She said sadly.