CH. 40

CH. 40 (Elle)

{{ EIGHT YEARS LATER }}

We were greeted with the same smiling faces and bright honey colored eyes.

"It's been too long!" Tanya exclaimed as she got up to greet is with huge hugs.

"I know, it seems like centuries since we've come to visit." I said as I made my way Down The line to hug Rosalie and Blake.

"Where are the children?" Rose asked.

Over the years we buried the hatchet and the cullens accepted Rosalie back into their lives. Through this Rosalie grew close to the kids, and truth be told they loved her just as much.

"We're right here!" Katrina sang as she and Ness strolled through the door.

Rosalie's golden eyes lit up with delight. "My beautiful nieces!" She said excitedly as she practically bounced her way Down the stairs to hug Ness and Trina

Blake and I laughed.

Blake is extremely sweet. He dotes on Rosalie and loves her with everything he has in him.

He is kind to Emmett and I and loves our children as well, mainly because they bring so much joy to Rosalie.

Katrina, Killian, & Kellan even know them as their Aunt and Uncle.

Cole, Emmett, Jacob, Killian, and Kellan all walked in carrying mounds of bags.

"My goodness, did you pack enough Mijas?" Carmen asked with wide amused eyes.

"Alice sent over her things and promised to be here tonight. She couldn't resist a stop in France on her way over here." Emmett informed everyone.

"Then Trina packed for 'every occasion'." Killian said giving us a horrible imitation of Katrina.

"Yeah, one suitcase alone is shoes. While another is jewelry and makeup." Kellan fussed.

Katrina put her hands on her hips. "I don't even wear makeup." She said and stuck out her tongue.

Cole came up and hugged us, "sorry, it was a long night." He said.

"You struggling again?" I asked, worried that my friend was losing control while in his werewolf form.

"No, it just takes a lot of energy to Maintain control over the beast, so when we finally phase back we're dog tired. No pun intended." He said yawning.

Tanya kissed him, "go lay back down."

"We have company." He fussed.

We all insisted and he finally gave in. Rosalie helped the girls settle into their regular room and Blake helped the boys.

"I just can't believe how fast they've grown!" Maks suddenly said as he entered the room.

I hugged him before agreeing. "They've stopped growing last year." I confessed "they'll stay this way forever."

The topic was always bittersweet for me.

"Well it doesn't sound too different than us Lycans." He said trying to distract me from my children.

"Oh, how so?" I asked.

"After we are bitten, We age every 3 years. Then we stop when we meet our Mates until our mates physically catch up to us." He informed me. "Unless they're older, then the aging is reversed, we age what seems three years older in only one year"

"Wow, I never knew." I admitted.

I had started looking into "mythological creatures" so this was actually very intriguing to me.

"I'd really like to pick your brain." I said.

He chuckled "I would like to talk to you too, and Emmett as well later tonight." Maks said.

I looked into his eyes and saw fear and uncertainty, I was worried but also curious.

"Of course."

More of our family and friends arrived through out the day.

We made it a point to all get together, a reunion if you will, every summer.

We would catch up an hang out, lounge around in the sun And swim if we wanted.

Elezar and Tanya had become amazing leaders. It took quite a while but the drinking of human blood is now illegal thanks to them.

Also, with the help of Maks and Cole. Lycans have come out of the woodwork and become a friendly alliance with the Vampires as well as shifters and even witches (who prefer the terms 'healers', 'medicine man/woman', or 'pagans').

I found my husband sitting in a chair beside the pool.

I sat on his lap.

He began massaging my shoulders and I watched as Renesme and Katrina walked out of the castle.

"Jeez Trina go put some clothes on" Killian complained about his sisters bikini.

"We're getting into the pool for a swim, hence the freakin' swimsuit." Katrina replied sassy.

"What do you expect us to wear?" Renesme asked "jeans and sweatshirts?"

"A towel would be nice." Kellen put in.

Then the girls held up their towels sarcastically and continued walking.

Jacob lovingly helped Nessie into the pool, I smiled as they shared a private peck on the lips.

Then movement caught my eye.

Maks wore the same love struck look as he tenderly helped Katrina into the pool. He whispered something and I watched as Katrina giggled and Maks smiled.

The wheels in my head began to turn and finally i put two and two together. I was out of my chair and Emmett's embrace so fast it got everyone's attention.

"What's wrong Babe?" Emmett asked as he looked at me and then began to look around to make sure their wasn't a sudden attack.

"Maks, Emmett and I need a word with you." I said trying to remain calm and save face in front of everyone.

Without hesitation Maks got out of the pool and Emmett and I and ran off to the woods.

Thoughts were flying through my head.

'They're too young. Well at least he gave us eight years before telling us. Emmett's going to murder him.'

Emmett stood by my side without question and soon, Maks finally arrived.

"Will someone please tell me what in the hell is going on?" Emmett finally asked confused.

"So do you want to tell him or should I?" I asked as I crossed my arms.

Maks let his head fall with a sigh, he ran his hand through his hair roughly.

Finally he spoke.

"Katrina is my mate."

=================================================================================

DUN DUN DUN...

That's the end of my book Equinox, an Emmett Cullen FanFic.

There IS a sequel called The Academy that picks up right where this book leaves off, of course it will be in Maks and Katrina point of view though.

Anyways, thank you for reading, I really hope you've enjoyed it.

Also if you want more twilight related reads, i have a slew of twilight Fanfics on my profile that I hope you'll enjoy.