CH. 16

CH. 16 (Elle)

Vampires

Like real Vampires.

I mean it made sense, no human being could even begin to look as good as Emmett does.

Then you factor in the cold hard skin super paleness unique eye color oh and the blood lust.

But as I'm standing here watching Emmett struggle to find his words I can't help but still love him. Of course I thought about leaving him and his entire life behind, but the thought nearly crushed me.

I can't be without him, he IS my life now.

Honestly he's still the same guy I fell in love with, he's just a vampire.

And is that really so bad?

I mean seriously, if he wanted to drink my blood wouldn't he have done it already?

After Emmett and I talked and we stayed in each others embrace, I asked if I could spend the night.

"Are you sure you want to?" Emmett asked worriedly.

"Yes, unless you guys don't want me to. I can understand that, I've already caused enough trouble for one night." I said sadly.

I had already figured out poor Jasper and Nessie had lost control because of my blood, it was my fault this whole thing happened.

"We will always want you over as long as YOU want to be over. And you haven't caused any trouble. It's all that fucking Mutts fault that all of this happened!" Emmett growled.

"Mutt? You keep saying that, is it because he's not a vampire? Am I a mutt?" I asked simply.

Emmett roared with laughter.

"No babe you're not a mutt and thank god for that. No Jake's a mutt because he can turn into a wolf."

My eyes grew wide, when my boyfriend revealed himself as a vampire, I never stopped to consider that there might be werewolves as well.

"A Werewolf?" I gasped.

"Technically no, more like a shapesifter. But werewolves do exist, but I've never encountered one personally." he explained.

I just nodded.

"I'm guessing there's a lot that I still need to know." I said as I grabbed his hand and we walked back to the house.

He just gave me a weak smile and nodded.

When we reached the house everyone was still pretty much in the same spot. Except now Kate and Tanya plus Garrett and his parents were there.

I saw Jasper sitting to the back of the room by his self, looking completely torn up inside.

I let go of Emmett's hand and made my way over to him.

He looked up as he stood then I just hugged him.

His arms slowly and carefully wrapped around my shoulders and then he spoke into my hair.

"Elle Darlin' I'm so so sorry, I swear I never meant for that to happen and I'm sorry if I scared you but I will never hurt you I promise that."

I stepped back so I could face him.

"It wasn't your fault Jasper, it was mine. If I wasn't just standing there bleeding like an idiot instead of running to the restroom or something maybe you would have regained your control or something." I admitted. "I'm sorry."

Emmett growled.

"It's neither of your faults, if jake had listened to Esme and stopped messing around in the house so carelessly none of this would have happened."