Seeing Him With New Eyes

They landed right in the heart of the institute. Clary hadn't meant to bring Sebastian into the institute. She was just thinking of the doors. Sebastian must have been thinking of Jace. She froze in terror as the door swung open.

"Get away from her!" a voice bellowed. It was him. She gasped in fear.

"Never!"

"How dare you! Can't you see she's terrified of you?!"

"Is it me who haunts her nightmares? or is it you?"

"What are you talking about we love each other. Don't we Clary?" Jace moved towards her slowly. She cowered away from him, images of the dungeon flashing through her mind.

"What have you done to her Jonathan?" Jace roared. Jonathan? Clary was startled. Who was Jonathan?

"Nothing Jace. You really should ask yourself what you did to her." Sebastian answered.

"Clary what is he talking about?"

"You... You tortured me. Locked me away for weeks in dank dungeon for trying to leave you." Clary said, anger replacing her fear. "But I remember. Seb helped me remember. Your spell didn't work Jace. I love Sebastian. I will NEVER love you. Not really. Use trickery all you want but Sebastian loves me. You are incapable of anything as human as love!"

"No! No! Clary what did he do to you? He's lying! You've got to believe me! It was him! He's controlling you. A month ago you hated him with every atom of your being. He repulsed you."

"Stop!" Clary yelled. "No more lies Jace! I'm not a toy. Sebastian realises this. He knows what I need, what I want. He would burn down the world for me. Would you?" a part of Clary screamed out for her to stop. Telling her that she loved Jace. That Sebastian was lying to her, using her. But she assumed that was the remainder of Jace's spell. But she felt weird. Like she was seeing him with new eyes.

"Thank you babe," Sebastian said affectionately. He took Clary's hand and pulled her into a passionate kiss as they faded away, disappearing.

"No!" Jace cried out, sinking to his knees.