Life 2

I laid awake staring up at the ceiling. Lately a lot of things had been going wrong and I just couldn't handle it. I couldn't take what was all going on it just hurt me too much. My heart was pounding while my mind raced through a bunch of thoughts. I'd lost my job, my father, and my best friend all in the same week.

I didn't have anyone I could talk to about this. My mother was already gone and my siblings all were far away living their own lives. I didn't have a boyfriend, nothing.

I slowly sat up off my bed and stared around the dark room. I just had to get out of the house I couldn't stand waiting here any longer.

I got up off my bed my legs weakly carrying me to the washroom. I quickly fixed my hair up a bit to look a little decent and I grabbed my handbag. Letting out a small sigh I headed out of the house.

The streets were cold and empty. Not a soul could be seen. I could hear people laughing and talking in the distance but that didn't bother me. As I walked around the street a small wave of sadness lingered over me.

I wasn't sure why I was outside or what exactly I was doing but I wasn't home. As I walked down the sidewalk I could hear people getting closer. They were right behind me they sounded like a married couple. Chatting and flirting. One of them walked in front of me and as the other one walked by I by accidentally bumped into them.

My elbow hit the side of there arm and they both stopped dead in their tracks. A sound of a rip could be heard but I ignored it. I kept walking down the sidewalk.

"My shirt!" The man yelled.

"Oh my gosh its all there fault its ripped!" A lady shouted.

"Excuse me! Excuse me! Do you have any idea of how expensive this is? We could buy you with all the money this suit cost!" I swung my head back and slowly brought up my hand.

Turning the back side of my hand to face her I flipped her off. She stared at me jaw dropped and I turned away.

She began screaming away but all I did was toon her out. I continued down the street as I began to see more people.

I headed into the busier part of town. At this point in time I just wanted to sit down and relax. I noticed a park bench up ahead in the towns square and took a seat. I let out a small sigh putting my head in my hands as I stared down at the ground.

"Hey hey whats a pretty lady like you doing looking so upset?" I blinked a few times and slowly raised my head.

Near the bench a tall figure stood. He seemed to be a man, a cigarette could be seen to his mouth as a cloud of smoke surrounded him. The end of the cigarette was lit, lighting up his face a bit. He was sort of cute.

"Its nothing." I mumbled looking away.

Footsteps approached me and I felt a hand touch mine. I quickly pulled my hand back holding it and looked up at him.

"I'm not sure whats going on and I'm not going to pester you to find out but how about this. I work at a restaurant across the street. So if you want you can come with me and eat whatever you want, on the house."

He held out his hands and threw the cigarette down to the side. Stepping on it the cigarette crumbled.

I gave him a small smile and wiping a tear away I put my hand on his. He grabbed tightly on my hand and began to walk me down the street towards a pretty big restaurant. The place was packed and I felt awkward as we passed by people waiting in line. I definitely wasn't wearing clothes fit for a fancy restaurant at all. As we passed by people glared at me making me feel even more pressured.