Life 9 Part 3

My fear began to settle down a bit when they spoke. My heart still pounded in my chest and I was extremely nervous.

"I'm sorry I didnt expect to find anyone in this house..." He mumbled out as he took his hand away from my mouth.

I let out a hitched breath and put a hand on my heart.

"You scared the living hell out of me." I said as my heart beat started to calm down a bit.

"Like wise.." He mumbled letting out a small chuckle.

"So uh why exactly are you here...?" I asked awkwardly.

"I'm sorry I didn't know anyone still lived here."

"I definitely don't live here I promise." I said laughing slightly.

"Well then why are you here?"

I got up off the floor and dusted off all the dust and dirt on me.

"I was looking for something..." I mumbled out.

"Me too.." He replied awkwardly.

I looked over at him but I could barely see anything. It was way too dark in here and the only thing I could make out was that he was a tall male.

"I'm guessing that something is a book." He asked staring down at me.

"Maybe." I hummed out.

"And assuming they didn't send anyone to check here you decide to go on your own. I'd also guess you were the one to find the information on the book."

"You know a little too much." I said giggling a bit.

"Well I'm not an idiot thats for sure."

"Well then shall we get looking?" He asked straightening himself up.

I nodded my head and began to search around the room again.

"So how come you're after the book?" He asked from the other side of the room.

"Well normally I don't care for this sort of stuff but since I thought that its close by why not take a look. I don't really have any intentions on using it but being able to find such an interesting book would be nice." I said as I scanned the diary again.

"What about you?"

"Well as you've probably guessed by now I was sent here in search for it."

"So early." I mumbled.

"While they didn't want to risk it."

I began to flip through the pages of the diary as I felt him approach behind me. I could feel him staring over my shoulder as I tried to look for some sort of clue. He held my phone light over me and down at the book.

"Stop." He said out as I stopped on a certain page.

I stared at the page and he brought the light even closer.

There was a drawing of this room. Right under where I was standing was a picture of a rectangle with an X over it.

I felt the guy tug on my arm a bit and I backed up. He lowered himself to the floor and brought the light to the floor board. As he inspected it there was obviously evidence that the board was lose. I backed up a bit further this time as he began to try and lift it up.

The floor board ripped out of the floor and he placed it down beside him. I walked up closer behind him and he picked up the light again. I gasped in shock and put a hand over my mouth as he shun it down.

"No fucking way..." He mumbled out.

"Holy shit...."

There beneath the floor boards sat a book. The book was covered in dust and dirt and he backed away from it.

"I can't believe it..." I said in shock.

"Wait but is it really that book...?" I asked staring down at it.

My heart began to race as I walked towards it. Bending down a bit he shinned the light back on it and I began to scan over it.

"I mean sure it looks like it but this could be any book..." I said trying to trick myself.

"Do you really think this is just some random book?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"I have no idea."

I reached my hands into the floor and picked the book out. I held it tightly in my hands and stood up.

"Well are you ready to go then?" He asked as I walked towards him.

"Yea lets get out of here. I'd rather not be snuck up on again." I said letting out a small laugh.

"I'm sorry damn." He replied laughing.

"Yea yea." I walked out of the room and looked down at the book.

A smile grazed my lips thinking about my finding. To think that it was actually in this house. The man got ahead of me and walked over to the front door. He opened it up a bit too roughly and stepped out into the forest. He turned around to look at me and I decided to finally look at the book.

Turning it around to look at the cover my smile began to fade.

When I had read the book title a loud crashing noise could be heard throughout the house. Things in the house began falling and my eyes widened in shock. All around me things began to collapse even the walls. I looked back at the man and my eyes widened even larger. Before anything more could be done the roof had fallen.

"A-"

I dropped down to the ground. The roof crushed parts of my body. The book slipped from my hands and a large piece fell crushing it into pieces. As I laid down on the ground in shock my conscious began to fade.

Isn't it funny how history repeats its self...