Life 8 Part 2

"Already too late?" I asked confused.

"Yes something happened during this life time that changed him a lot. He does not trust girls in the slightest and if you even get close to him you'll die."

I stared at her in shock and raised an eyebrow.

"But cant I at least try?"

"After were done this conversation it might be your best option... So I guess it works for us." She said smiling slightly but I only stared confused.

How exactly would that be good for the both of us? Knowing he'd kill me on site?

"Theres something id like you to do as well." I stared at her as she continued on,

"That book read it. You'll definitely need the information inside. Do not tell anyone where you were or what that is. After we are done this conversation get the hell out of here and don't come back."

I nodded my head again and looked down at the book. What kind of information did this book hold...

"You should go now. Do not tell anyone you met me and do not try to find me. Aaron when you wish to find him try looking around town a night. I won't give you his exact location but if you get too close remember you will die."

I nodded my head again and gripped onto the book tighter.

"Thank you I think." I turned away from the lady as a shiver went down my spine.

The feeling of being watched still lingered. It hadn't gone away ever since I stepped into this forest. Shaking it off I turned my attention down to the book and then back to the party.

It was best I got the hell out of here like she said.

When I had finally reached home I collapsed on my bed. The book laid beside me as I buried my face into my blanket.

I ended up avoiding as much people as possible texted Katelyn to let her know I left. She of course wasn't too happy about that and insisted I stayed but I was already half way home by then.

I brought my head up a bit as I looked at the book to the side. She told me to read it so I guess I should. I mean she obviously knew of this whole situation. Whether I could trust her or not was another thing.

Sighing I sat up on my bed. I picked up the book and opening it up I began to read through it.

Around the front of the book I was able to find a list of pages and chapters. As I read down the list I noticed something a little strange. The names of certain chapters caught me off guard.

Life 1, Life 2, Life 3...

And all the way up to life 9. Something was strange about the last two lives though. Life 9 was in big bold font while life 8 was half like the other lives and half like life 9.

Life 8
Life 9

Most likely it was some sort of error when the book was published only thing was. This was definitely no ordinary book.

I decided to go to page 10 which was the start of chapter 1 or "Life 1". As I read through it I began to notice something.

I flipped to life 2 then life 5 and my heart began to speed up. I tried turning to the page with life 9 but it was completely blocked off. The page was completely dark and I couldn't see a thing.

I turned to life 8 and began to read it. As I read it my heart stopped. Life 8 had described exactly what I had done so far today. Every little thing I did from smiling to my thoughts. I turned more into life 8 and noticed some of it was also blacked off. I could only read up to me being in my room. A shiver went down my spine as I closed the book. I placed it under my pillow and I got up off the bed.