Life 9 Part 5

A small grin grew on my face as a plan began to formulate in my head. Taking my phone out I quickly put it on video and began to record.

"Ma'am my deepest apologies I promise ill do better!" The lady said stuttering out.

The whitenette glared into her eyes a small smile tugging on her lips. She was definitely enjoying the power she had. But it wasn't just the power it was the fact that she had him she had definitely got over confident.

"Good I'm pretty sure my husband wouldn't be too happy if he found out his wife was being treated so poorly..."

The young girl beside her bowed slightly and turned towards the door. Ending the recording I began to make my way back down the hall. A grin stayed plastered on my face as I slipped my phone away. I continued to the room I was suppose to meet him at and knocking on the door I could already here a male voice inside.

"Come on it."

Opening up the door I stepped into the room. It was a large office with a great view of the city. Before me sat Aaron at a large desk. His eyes drifted over towards me his nonchalant expression turning to a big smile. I blushed slightly seeing him smile and began to walk towards him.

"So are you ready to start?" He asked getting up from his chair and walking around the desk.

I stopped a foot in front of him and returned the smile.

"Of course."

"Today we will be investigating more on that book we found. Sure it was destroyed and crushed but theres more rumours about it. It sucks that we lost such an important item but things like that happen." He said letting out a small sigh.

"If you follow me..." He mumbled walking towards a door in the office.

I followed close behind him and as he stopped in front of the door I by accidentally walked into him. I let out a small squeak as I grabbed onto his shirt.

"Sorry.." I mumbled out embarrassed.

I heard his breath hitch slightly as my hands gripped the bottom of his shirt. I quickly straightened myself up and he opened up the door.

"I-Its fine."

"As I was saying this will be your office. The information we need today is already on the computer so if you sign in you'll be able to access it."

I moved past him and made my way over to the computer. Sitting down on the chair I began to type away as he stood behind me. I felt a little nervous with him watching my every move. As I finished signing in I checked on the files but it seemed like nothing was there.

I looked back at Aaron and he looked at me equally confused.

"Where did they go?" He asked taking the mouse from my hands and getting a little closer.

I turned my attention back to the screen and looked at it confused. There were no files on the computer that had anything to do with the book.

"Uh maybe you forgot to send it.." I mumbled out.

"I'll send it again." He hurried out of the room and back into his own.

I could hear a growl from the other side and something slamming against metal.

"Someone deleted them!" He shouted from the other room.

I got up from my desk and hurried over to his office.

"What were in these files?" I asked making my way towards his desk.

"There was more information regarding the book. It told about some sort of ancient relic with the power of truth. Basically it unlocks memories of the past or so its told. Seeing that the book exists most likely the relic does as well."

"So then who would want to delete it?" I asked crossing my arms.

"That I'm unsure of. Not many people know about the project or that we had found the book. The most likely case is they want it for themselves but why..." He mumbled placing his hand on his chin.

"Well then if they deleted it wouldn't this confirm its existence even more."

"Damnit the locations were on those files even more hints about what it was and where to find it." He growled in annoyance.

"Who exactly has access to your computer or any main servers that could delete this info?"

"Well theres only two people. My assistant and my wife."