9

I can remember the day I placed the cross here so clearly now. My tears come up again, making me eyes burn. I lay my hands over my eyes and let the tears roll down my cheeks. I know that Jayden is standing beside me but he isn't doing anything. I look his way after crying for a little while and see him crying too. "Babe?" "Yes baby girl?" "Are you okay?" "No, I feel really bad actually." I immediately get up and pull him into a hug. "Why do you feel bad?" "Maybe because everything is a little to much for me." "We should have just gone to sleep again." "No baby girl this was important for you to do." "But now you feel bad." My voice sounds sad and guilty. "Don't feel guilty about it princess. Lets just end this and go home." I nod and throw the cross into the lake with a lot of power. The sound of the splash is loud for a moment and then it is silent again. Jayden already turned around and started walking. I stare at his back for a while and notice that he is walking with weak legs. "Stop babe.", I command him. "Why princess?" "Your legs are weak, aren't they?" I can hear him sigh before turning around, then he nods shyly. "I wish I could carry you but I can't." "It is okay princess, lets just walk until i can't anymore." I shake my head, "No baby lets just stay here then." "But, are you okay with that. Would you feel safe out here with me?" I nod, "Baby we have two guns and a lot of bullets with us." Jayden walk back to the fallen tree, pulling me along with him. I sit down and pull him down too.

Jayden is asleep 40 minutes later, completely silent. I sigh softly while holding him close to my chest. I never thought I would ever see him again, but here he is. He is alive and laying in my arms. I stroke his hair, causing him to make soft satisfied sounds. Then cold air starts to surround us. I shiver and pull Jayden closer to keep him warm. It is a long night, the cold is messing with my head. I almost throw up 2 times because I start to feel sick, due to the cold. I am still holding Jayden close to me when he wakes up. I am shivering like crazy and my head is beating painfully. Jayden turns around in my arms and then he suddenly get a shocked expression on his face. "Princess? Are you okay? Your lips are deep blue." His voice is shaking. Now it is my turn to be shocked, are my lips blue? I push my finger against my lips, but I can barely feel it. "I can't feel anything babe, no matter how hard I press my finger against them." I am almost crying again. Jayden pushes himself up and softly kisses my lips. I try to kiss back but fail because I can't feel anything. Jayden wraps his arms around me and breaks the kiss. "You are awfully cold princess. Do you perhaps feel weird?" "My head beats like crazy", I whisper because talking out loud hurts my head even more. Jayden gets up with me in his arms. "You are way to cold. Lets get you home and then you will take a warm shower to warm up." I nod and lean against him. He lays my gun over my chest and his own is hanging from his shoulder.

The next morning I wake up with a weird pain in my head and a pressing feeling around my stomach. I look around and find out that the pressing feeling around my stomach is caused by Jayden back hugging me tight. "Babe", I mumble, "please a little more loose." He immediately loosens the hug and presses his forehead against the back of my head instead. I smile, but the smile leaves as soon as I feel a tingly feeling coming up. I cover my nose and mouth with my hand and sneezes multiple times. My face starts to feel warm and then I realize I must have catched a cold. I sigh and pull the blanket up to my nose. "My princess has catched a cold yesterday." Jayden's voice sounds sweet and carrying. I nod and turn around in his arms. "I feel bad, like being sick." "Well princess, you are sick." "Why am I sick?" "Because we have been out in the cold last night. You catched a cold and got sick. But can you really not remember anything?" "N-no babe", I stutter. "So, we slept out in the woods because you didn't want me to walk home because my legs were weak. The next morning when I woke up, your lips were deep blue. You told me that you couldn't feel them and also that your head was hurting like crazy. I decided to carry you home and when we got here I putted you down. But your legs were weak and you immediately fell down onto your knees. So, you were extremely cold, I wanted you to shower to warm up. But you were to tired to shower on your own, so I helped you shower", Jayden blushes, "I swear that I only helped you! I was just so scared that you would not get warm. So after showering I dried you of and putted you in the most warmest clothes I could find. I layed down on the bed with you and you fell asleep in five minutes. That is the whole story." "Did you really? H-help me S-shower?", My voice is shaking and so is my body. "Yes princess, but it was only helping." "Thank you babe." I hide my head under his chin and wraps my arms around him tight. I want to cuddle with him for hours, in order to try to forget about being sick. I feel Jayden stroking my back and I can feel his chin softly pressing down onto my head. "You will be better soon princess!"