8.

4:59 am
i could not sleep for anything, i just kept on tossing and turning with only one thing on my mind: calum. i couldn't decide if he wanted to be friends again, or more than that. after he told me he missed and kissed me gently, my thoughts were all over the place. i finally decided to get up and go get some water, so i stood up out of my bed, and led myself to the kitchen. i turned on the light only to be startled by a very sleepy calum sitting at my kitchen counter. "i couldn't sleep," he always answered my thoughts , " why are you awake?" i coughed as i drank some of my water. "yeah i couldn't sleep either," " anything on your mind", he asked me as i kept my gaze on the floor. i muttered out a nothing and he got up from the stool to stand in front of me and bent down to lock eyes with me. "c'mon laney, i know when you're lying". my heart aches each time my nickname falls from his lips. he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and lifted up my chin so i can look into his deep brown eyes then continued, "i really want to get back to us ya know? it's was always us two, i miss it heck, i miss you more than you'll ever know." after hearing the words i've been wanting to heard for about 5 months now, my mind was running a mile and minute. "i miss you too, but it'll take time to get back to the place we were before cal", i stated and he grinned. i gave him a confused look and he started again, "you called me cal", i shook my head and started walking back to my room, " don't get used to it", i said with a small smile playing on my lips.

•••
the next morning
7:30 am
i was sleeping like a baby when i heard loud crashes coming from the kitchen. i sat up in my bed and looked around. i got about 3 hours of sleep and i looked dead. i quickly got out of my bed, threw on my robe, and stepped out of my room. the house was filled with a sweet aroma of syrup and the sound of waves echoed throughout the house. i walked into the kitchen to see luke making pancakes while dancing. he looked up and caught me laughing at him, "hey sleepyhead, i made you breakfast," he smiled and i hugged him. i missed these boys so much, they are like my brothers. "thank you", i said as i grabbed a plate and sat down at the counter in front of him. "how's you and calum?" he silently asked. luke has always been the one i can tell anything to. "well luke to be honest with you, i'm so confused. he tells me he missed me, telling me he wants to get back to us and it makes me go crazy", i told him as he looked at me with understanding eyes. "he really missed you lane, all he did was talk about you the whole tour and how he wished he called you about everything and when he did call you, it broke his heart to hear you cry because he was the reason you were crying. i think you guys need to talk it out." he stated and looked behind me. calum was standing there in the hallway and cleared his throat as he approached the counter and sat down right next to my to grab a plate for breakfast. luke turned on the radio in the kitchen behind him and nodded his head at me. there was no way i was going to talk to calum right now in the middle of my kitchen, i needed the right time to. we finished the food as the other boys walked in. they both grabbed plates and filled them up with the rest of the food.
after they finished luke, ash, and mike announced that they were going to town to check this town out, but i had to pass. i needed to clean up this mess of a house and i really wanted a relaxing day on the beach also. they invited calum, but he said he's going to stay here to lay out on the beach, so it's just going to be us two in the house today.