10.

we made our way back up to the hot sand to catch some rays as we laughed together like old times. after some good laughs, we sat in the comfortable silence with the soft melodies and the ocean waves in the background. we enjoyed eachothers company once more in the sun just like we used to do. i jumped a little bit as i felt calums arm snake around my waist as he switched to his side to face me. we looked at eachother for a couple of seconds as he opened his mouth, "im hungry, let's go get something to eat." he got up as he pulled me with him and we started to head back into the house. i stepped in and rushed into the bathroom to pull my hair up. i fixer it up in a side braid then pulled my shirt over my head and grabbed some shorts to put on for lunch. i headed back into the living room where calum was sitting on the couch looking at his phone with his eyebrows furrowed. i jingled my keys to get his attention which was soon gazed to me and we walked out the door to my car.
•••
we pulled up to the old timey diner about 15 minutes down the road and i put the car in park. calum rushed out of the car to soon meet me at my side of the car. the sweet gesture made me blush, so i put my palms up to my cheeks to cool them off which was always a habit of mine. calum looked at my face which made me blush even more, he soon grabbed my hands with his and intertwined our fingers. "sorry, old habit", he blushed then dropped my hands to soon rush to the door that leads inside of the diner. i followed behind him into the doorway and we sat ourselves in the corner booth towards the back. our waitress strutted up to our table then made eye contact with calum so she moved her hair out of the way to reveal her chest to him. i just rolled my eyes at how calum was checking her out with a smirk on his face. i cleared my throat to get them both out of there daze and the girl, who apparently goes by sammy, shot me a glare and shook her head at me so i spoke up, " can i just get a chocolate shake, a cheeseburger with no onions and some fries please," i managed to stir up my fakest smile. i earned a scoff from her, but she soon turned to calum to get his order. like seriously, what is this girls problem. "i'll just get the same thing as her but i want a vanilla shake" calum told the girl and she shimmied off, making sure that he saw her. calum reached down in his pocket for some quarters for the little jukebox on our table, so he put them in and put on one of the many songs we would always listen to together, we belong together by ritchie valens.  i looked up from my phone as soon as i heard the first note to see him looking at me. "i saw this was on here and i remembered how much you love this song," he stated as he looked down then shot his eyes back up when he saw the waitress walking back with our shakes. "so i never caught your name," she leaned down against the table right in front of calum and his eyes wandered behind her to me and he leaned back into the cushioned booth. "i'm calum but when is our food going to be out?". she sat back up, clearly shocked that he rejected her. she ran back behind the counter and sat down behind the register. "wow i don't think i've ever seen the calum hood reject a girl that just threw herself at him", i said while giving him a round of applause. he just chucked at my response and shook his head as he took a sip of his milkshake. "trust me lane, i'm full of surprises."