7.

we started driving down the road as calum grabbed my phone to put on some music. i still didn't know how to act around him, so i stayed silent. we exchanged a few smiles and nods, but it was so awkward. "find any you like?" i asked him as i gave him a quick glance to see him still scrolling through my music. he just smirked back at me and picked mutual by shawn mendes. my jaw dropped a little bit but i soon recovered as i heard the sweet melodies from calum. i relaxed a bit but listened for the emotion behind his voice. he's not like he used to be, i used to be able to read that boy like myself but now he's a puzzle. i heard soft snores coming from the back of the car to see the boys back there asleep and i looked at calum. he was singing his heart out, you wouldn't even of been able to tell he just sang a whole concert. "hey you know i've missed you right?", he broke me from my daydream as he put his hand on my knee. i felt my heart burst to hear those words from him and my knee tingle from where his touch was. "yeah i know", i hated to admit it but i had too, "i missed you too."
•••
as we pulled up to my house, i felt calums hand leave my knee which made me cold once again. i said the boys names over and over again, heck i even blew the horn, but they stayed asleep. i got frustrated, which earned a laugh from calum. i haven't heard that sound in what feels like ages. he shot me a glare and zoomed out of the car. i soon hopped out right after him, just to see him lighting up a cigarette. great, i not only have to have him spend the night here, but he smokes again. he caught me staring and as if he read my mind, he spoke up , " yeah, i've started smoking again," i kept my gaze on him, then he started again, "i started again 5 months ago." i swear this boy read me as if i was an open book.
i opened up the car doors to let the boys out so we can get inside of my humble abode. they all groaned and walked around like zombies as they stumbled into my house. they all gasped and had their eyes wide open. i showed each of them their rooms and the last room right across from mine was calums. i started to walk off to my room, but he grabbed me and gave me that look he always gives me when he needs to get something off of his chest. "this place looks even better than it did in pictures," he leaned down and whispered in my ear "it would be better if it was ours." then left a soft kiss right under it. i shuddered from the contact and muttered out a goodnight, then rushed to my room. i threw myself on my bed, left more confused than ever.