14.

we finally arrived back at the house with some groceries for tonight as it was the boys last night, well maybe not calum. i decided maybe it would be good for the both of us to live together and continue in our friendship in our dream place. we put up all the groceries and headed back outside to catch a little bit more sun before sunset so we got back down in the hot sand. after a couple of minutes, i ran back inside to go get some drinks for us to sip on in the heat, so i started making some piñacoladas. i made 4 out of the 5 and then i heard the back door creak open to reveal calum walking in the house. he sat down at the counter then soon grabbed one of the fresh drinks and looked at me as he tasted the drink. "lane this is so good," he said while still looking at me. i knew the question was about to come up, so before he decided to speak, i beat him to it, "before you ask me again, i decided it'll be good if you move in here with me, we can have fun like we planned on doing a long time ago", i finished out of breath and he gave me a satisfied smile. "i wasn't going to ask you that yet but that's awesome lane!" he exclaimed and ran up to give me a hug. whenever we would have body contact, i would always lose my train of thought but it shouldn't. "are you going to tell the boys?", i asked him, wondering if it should be me or him to tell them. "we can later", he said as he grabbed the drinks and led me outside.
•••
evening eventually rolled around, and by this time, we've had a couple of drinks and we were all feeling good and happy with eachother. we started up the grill to throw on some chicken and pineapple for dinner along with some sides, so right now it was me and the boys were outside around the grill cutting up with eachother. i quickly excused myself and ran inside to grab some more drinks to soon be followed by a slightly buzzed calum. "cal, are you good?" i asked him as he stood there in the doorway, staring at me with his eyes never leaving mine. "yeah, yeah i'm just excited about living here with you", the sweet words rolled of his tongue like velvet and it made my flutter. i led us both back outside so we can have dinner then get to having our bonfire for their last night. i sat down first at the picnic table and soon the boys followed me with calum sitting right next to me. we started eating the perfectly grilled chicken with some soft melodies of bruno major in the background of our perfect setting for dinner. the boys were talking about something from the tour as i felt calums cold hand land on my thigh. i looked at him like he was crazy but he was still deep into his conversation as he moved his fingers softly along my skin. i didnt know why he put his hand on my leg but i wasn't willing to move it either. under calums touch, i felt safe and i missed that comforting feeling from him. i guess he realized that his hand was on my thigh so he moved it, but the sudden loss of contact made me feel upset about it. he got up to get some more drinks for all of us as we were finishing. the sun was setting just right as we finished our meal, so luke started the bonfire and calum ran inside to grab their guitars. we used to do this all the time during summer in high school when we all best friends. i sat down around the fire waiting for the other boys to join me. i really hope calum was going to tell them that he was staying soon tonight, but i knew they would approve of it, even if they were hesitant, but i knew i had to tell luke because he deserves to know. i saw luke making his way towards me and sat down next to me. he looked at me then wrapped an arm around me and started up, "what's on your mind right now?" he asked me, but he knew it was calum on my mind. "so", i sat up to look at him in the eyes, "calum asked if he could move in. after thinking about it for a while, i want him to." i finished and he looked at me with all kinds of mixed emotions but an understanding look on his face. "i think if you're happy with it lane, then let him, but you know how he can be. i just want you to be careful. do you remember what happened the last time you told him that you had feelings for him?" as soon as the words spilled from his mouth, all of the bad memories popped up in my mind. when we were in high school, i told calum that i liked him more than a friend and he kicked me to the curb, stopped talking to me, and pretended i didn't exist. yes, we did recover from that and became best friends again, but those memories aren't fun ones to think about so that's why i have to ignore the feeling i feel and think for him. we are in such a good state right now, that's why i decided to let him move in. "yes luke i know, i'm not planning on "catching feelings" this time" i laughed at myself because i had no idea how this was going to turn out. luke joined me in laughter as the other boys walked up with their guitars and calum handed luke his as they sat down around the fire. they played them for what felt like hours and the soft strums of the guitars made me realize how much i was going to miss luke, micheal, and ashton. i'm going to have calum around all the time but i'm going to miss the others so much. they finished playing after a little while and we decided to head in as it was already 4:55 in the morning. we said our good nights and headed off into different directions to our rooms for the night to get some rest for the dreaded day ahead of us.