11.

7:46 am
i woke up to the sound of the waves crashing this morning, but i did not want to get up at all. i dreaded this day, it was the boys last full day here in Hawaii with me. i sat up and led myself to the kitchen to see luke sitting at the counter looking deep in thought. "good morning luke," i spoke. he turned around with a sleepy but sad smile on his face, "hey lane" i went up to him and gave him a hug because i was going to miss them so much. "hey, don't be sad, we will be back don't worry," he said into my hair before i pulled back. "i'm just so glad you guys are back you know? we were all getting back to our group and i don't want to let it go this time luke." i looked back up at him as he nodded. "i'm glad to see you and cal getting back on track with eachother," he continued, "you guys are something else let me tell ya" he laughed as i walked off to the coffee pot to pour me a mug, "no but seriously lane, it's good for both of you to get back where y'all were," he said with a serious expression. i nodded in agreement yes, i really did love having he old calum back as my best friend. we have had so much fun the last few days, i didn't want it to end. just as my thoughts were getting deeper, calum walked in all sleepily, coming straight for the coffee pot. "wait, where's mikey & ash?" i asked as i looked around the living room. "they went out this morning for some breakfast and they wanted to "enjoy the ocean" as ashton said," luke said sarcastically. calum sat down right next to luke while taking a sip from his mug. he kept the eye contact with me as i also took slow sips from my coffee, so i spoke up, "okay so i want to plan one last day with you guys, so when mike and ashton get back, get ready." they nodded slowly and looked at eachother.
•••
i was in my room throwing on my bathing suit and some loose clothes for today. i planned for us to go to the beach, eat at the diner again, and have a beach bonfire. their flight was around 1:30 tomorrow afternoon, so i decided we could get some drinks for the bonfire. i opened my door to see calum standing infront of me with a beach towel and tanning oil in his hands. "uh i was wondering if you had anymore tanning oil? i ran out..." he asked. "yes i do somewhere..." i walked towards the kitchen to open up the cabinets where i keep all of the sun stuff, just to see the oil on the top shelf. i reached for it but i could grab it. i felt calum behind me as his arm reached up behind me to the top cabinet for the oil. his hand slowly came back down, hitting my arm as he turned me around. "thanks lane," he lowly said then turned on his heel to the back porch. i just sat there trying to ignore the butterflies in my stomach as i thought about him. i couldn't think of him like that, it's cal, we could never be anything past bestfriends.