9.

i walked back into my room to grab my swimsuit with a big t-shirt to wear for the beach. i headed to the bathroom and locked the door behind me to get dressed. i'm trying to avoid calum today, but it's going to be super hard with only us two in the house. a soft knock snapped me out of my thoughts, so i flung the door open to see calum face to face with me. "i have a question", he walked past me and sat on the edge of the bathtub, "can i maybe go to the beach with you?" he nervously asked as he scratched the back of his head. "of course you can, go get ready," my mouth just spoke for me before i could think clearly of how this day could end up. he got up to stand behind me at the sink and brought his hands to the top of my swim top to re-tie it, but as his hands delicately swipe across the top of my neck, i shuddered at the softness of his fingertips  "sorry, it was about to untie", he shrugged and shuffled out of the bathroom to get ready. i just looked at myself in the mirror wondering how we were at this stage right now.

•••
i walked into the kitchen to get a drink as he walked out of the room he was staying in. he had on some black swim trunks that hung lowly on his hips, exposing his defined torso. i quickly looked back into the fridge but my train of thought was gone after i saw him. yes, calum has a very attractive guy and i was lucky to have him as a friend, but i could never develop feelings for him, he doesn't date anyone. i closed the fridge door and started to head for the back door so we can go out to the beach. "are you coming or what?", i asked him as he just stood there and looked me. he soon followed me out, carrying our towels as i grabbed the speaker on the back deck. i put down the towels and took off my sandals along with my shirt. calum was sitting down on his towel as i took off my clothes so i could go get in the ocean. i looked down at him just to see his eyes trailing up and down my body. i snapped my fingers in front of his face as he came back to reality. i soon turned the speaker up loudly then turned on one of the many playlists i had saved on my phone. the first song that came on was my love by public so i tried to skip it, but calum gasped which made me change it back to one of the many songs we used to listen to together. I reached down my hand for calum to take, he grabbed my hand and i led us into the warm salt water. we swam around a little bit until calum came closer to me. "i'm glad i'm here with you right now", he stated as i shot him a warning glare but he ignored it and kept on, "really lane please listen to me. i've missed you so much and i'm sorry for the way i treated you, i hope you really know that, it's been so heavy on my heart since i left you at the airport", his voice cracked at the end, staring his sad eyes into mine. we heard starry eyes by cigarettes after sex come on, which is one of our favorite songs. i mentally battled myself, but i finally decided to forgive him. we've been through so much together and life's so much better off with him by my side. i swam closer to him to wrap my arms around his neck to show him i forgive him. his arms snaked around my waist and he wrapped my legs around him. "i'm so sorry too cal", i said into his neck, "i missed you too." he pulled away from me and locked eyes with me and my knees felt weak. he pulled back into the hug and we sat there for about 5 minutes, but we needed that. it showed how much we missed eachother and we are better as a duo.