열한

Johnny & Jaehyun

Johnny smiled calmly to himself, his slow steps clicking loudly in the empty room, echoing. He walked up right in front of Jaehyun, his hands lifted up to tug the heams of his damp shirt. "Or do you want me to help you?"

Jaehyun froze. He could feel his ears burn a bright red, his palms turning sweaty and trembling.

"It's fine! I can do this by myself.", the younger blurted out. He snatched the shirt away from Johnny's arm and ran off with it.

Johnny stared blankly at his now empty hands. A sad sigh left his lips as he rubbed his face with his palms in frustration.

"What the fuck was that??", he softly scolded himself.

He walked over to his office chair, slumping back against it as he stared at the ceiling. He could feel his cheeks burning and his heart racing.

"WHY is he so cute??"

Jaehyun dashed into the toilet that was furthest away from Johnny's office, his heart racing mad as he slammed his palms onto the brim of the sink. He looked down, then up into the mirror and stared at himself, noticing that his ears had turned into an obvious red.

"What's wrong with you?", he scolded his reflection.

"You had a shot there! Why the fuck did you chicken out?!"

Jaehyun ruffled his hair in annoyance, slapped his cheeks a few times and looked at himself in the mirror again. He looked like a mess.

He looked at the shirt that he still held in his hands for a brief second.

Calm down Jaehyun, take it easy. Just... Calm down. You're going to have dinner with him later anyways.

He nodded to himself, trying to keep up a positive attitude but that wasn't holding on so well.

All I can do now is change into this...

And he did just that. Jaehyun took off his damp shirt, folded it nicely and carefully put on Johnny's button shirt on. He didn't want to rip or ruin it in any particular way or manner.

He looked at himself in the mirror. It was a perfect fit, well it was just slightly a little to big for him but it wasn't that noticeable, right? He gave himself one last look in the mirror, looking out for any dust or anything he could fix up on. Once satisfied, he picked up his damp shirt and walked back to Johnny's office.

But that wasn't too easy either. The more distance Jaehyun travelled, the more he could feel his heart thumping in his chest, his palms and forehead starts a waterworks of sweat. And once he could see Johnny's office, which was the only room that stood out from the rest of the others mainly because it was the only one with lights on, Jaehyun could feel his heart travelling up to his oesophagus and just beating like mad.

Calm down, Jaehyun. It's fine. It's going to be fine. Just act natural, that's all.

He nodded to him self, he felt assured that he's going to do this but deep down, he knows he'll fuck up one way or another. It's not just instincts kicking in, it was just a cold hard rock fact.

He shook his head and his hands, trying to wipe the sweat away onto his pants, being careful to not touch Johnny's shirt.

You can do this, Jung Jaehyun. YOU CAN DO THIS.

Boldly, Jaehyun took bigger steps and walked into the office smoothly.

Johnny, who was still staring at the ceiling, immediately diverted his attention back down and stared at Jaehyun fondly.

"You look.. Ho- Good.", Johnny remarked. He tilted his head and stood up from his chair, adjusting his own suit first before approaching Jaehyun yet again.

Jaehyun could feel his palms sweating up yet again, his heart thumping harder then before. He could feel his ears burning bright yet again, but this time, he could feel something warm around them.

He could see Johnny's arms on either side of his face and his warm hands on his ears.

"W-what?"

"Your ears are red.", Johnny said, almost like he's so amused by this.

"It's more red now! How do you do that??", the taller smiled like a child.

Jaehyun was confused, so confused. The image of Johnny being a stern and strict person was... Gone?

And he loved it.

Jaehyun found himself falling deeper in love with Johnny, a soft smile appeared on his lips as he stared at Johnny's amused face.

But this also meant that Johnny wasn't the observant type, right? Jaehyun can't recall the amount of times his ears flared up beside Johnny and only now he just noticed him. It made him wonder if he got a big obvious tattoo on his forehead, Johnny would probably only realise it a week later.

But then again, he's a busy man and is always engrossed with his work... Maybe that's the reason why...

Jaehyun pondered and only just realised that he's been staring at Johnny's face for a tad bit too long, because the other was waving his palms over his face.

"You okay? We can cancel the dinner if you're unwell..."

"Huh? No! It's fine, really!"

"Great, because I know a very good place we can eat at. It's 24 hours, so don't worry about the time."

I wonder where that place is ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)