chapter 4

So today I was going on a date with Harry. It was just to the cinemas so I wore something cute but casual. I put on my white jeans, a pink chiffon top and pink converse. I had my hair down with curls at the bottoms (as usual) but it was a cute look. I finished it off with my silver watch.

I ran downstairs to open the door for Harry as I see him walking towards the house. He kissed me on the cheek before stepping in. I had been up stairs all morning getting ready so I didn't expect anyone to be home. We walked into the kitchen to see mom, dad and Beau at the table.

"I'm off" I said as I looked over at mom. I didn't make eye contact with Beau because I knew he wouldn't like the idea that I was going off with another boy.

"have fun" mom said as she hugged me goodbye. I got into Harrys car and we drove to the cinema. He wasn't the best driver but I survived.

"your brother kept giving me evil looks" Harry said sounding worried.

"erm ... hes not my brother" I replied.

"cousin?"

"nope, dads friend" I said not sounding so pleased.

"well he didn't seem to like me" Harry said sounding disapointed.

"yeah, dont worry about it" I smiled. We then entered the cinema and chose a film to watch. The whole movie I couldn't stop thinking about Beau making Harry feel uncomfterbal. It was a good date, after we went to the arcade.

"so prom is next week ..." Harry started.

"yep" I didn't know what to say. I wasn't sure what he was going to say or ask.

"I was wondering ..." He started. I started to get butterflies in my stomach.

"what?" I asked.

"I was wondering ... Will you go to prom with me?" Harry asked. I hugged him then said yes. After he dropped me home and left.

"MOM !" I yelled. Mom came out of the kitchen with a wooden spoon in her hand and icing on her forehead.

"how was it?" she asked before walking back into the kitchen. I followed behind to see all the boys at the table. Beau had his eyes on me as I walked in.

"erm yeah ... it was good" I said smiling. I blocked Beau from my mind then sat myself at the breakfast bar.

"what film did you see?" mom asked as she mixed the cake mix.

"If I stay" I said smiling. I had my back to Beau but I could tell he was still staring.

"whats that one about?" mom asked as she got some cupcake cases out from the cupboard.

"it was sad, Its about a girl who has a car crash and she is having an out of body experience and is watching over herself" I said as I described it.

"oh, sounds good" mom smiled.

"also he asked me to prom" I said smiling. I heard a glass be put down onto the table roughly. I turned round to see a pissed off Beau.

"aww how cute, we can go prom dress shopping" mom said as she started to wash up the bowl that she was mixing the cake mix in.

"Mariam, where has Ronnie gone?" Luke asked. She turned round to face him so she could talk to him without her back being towards him.

"He had to go and get your demo disk from the studios" she said smiling. My mom was always positive and happy even when she had the right to be pissed off. I couldn't stand looking at Beau so I walked off and into the cinema room. I don't know why he was acting the way he was. I told him no and that was that.