chapter 14

Today I was flying back home and to be honest I wish I wasn't. I hadn't spoken to dad since the argument and mom she didn't no what to say or believe. I gathered up my last bits from the hotel and finished packing. It was winter so I put on my coat, gloves, scarf and hat then got a taxi to the airport. As expected paparazzis were waiting outside so I made a run for it and inside the airport.

I waited for the gates to open when all of a sudden I felt my phone vibrate. I had an incoming call from dad. Did I answer it and let him yell at me or just hang up?

"hello?" I answered in a miserable tone.

"Liv? are you on your way home from New York?" he asked curiously.

"erm yeah just at the airport now waiting for the gates to open" I replied.

"okay well give me a text when you land and I will come pick you up" he said. We then said our goodbyes and then I made my way to board the plane. It was odd that he was being so nice and so calm but I didn't want to argue anymore.

As soon as I arrived back in LA I text dad so he could pick me up. I had to wait a while so I sat down in starbucks and ordered myself a drink. About 20 minutes later I had an incoming call from dad.

"Liv, I can't make it ... as soon as I was about to leave I had my boss facetiming me, sorry" Before I could say anything he hung up. It was always career over me when it came to dad. I then tried mom but she wasnt answering her phone. I was starting to run out of options because Lexi still has no car, Lola and Ruby are on vacation, Scarlett works, the boys are in Europe and anyway,Beau hasn't been talking to me. I had no choice but to call a cab but as I went to dial the number my phone died. It was as if I was cursed, nothig was going right for me!

I had to then call the cab service from the airports land line. When I finally got home it was cold and dark and no one was in. I turnt on the lights and the heating then went into the kitchen to eat. Moms phone was on the side so I guess thats why she wasn't answering when I called her. After I made myself a sandwhich I went up for a long, hot bath.

About an hour later mom came bounding through the front door with about twenty shopping bags.

"mom? where have you been!" I said crossly.

"OMG your back from Paris, how was it!" she said as she dropped everything and gave me a hug.

"Paris was okay but when I landed dad stood me up and you didn't answer your phone and then my phone died and I was stranded at the airport so then I had to use the aiports phone to call a cab to get home" I explained.

"oh i'm so sorry Liv" mom said apologeticly. I shouldn't take it out on her, its not her fault.

"sorry mom, its just been a long day" I said as I hugged her.

Dad returned home the next morning. He didn't even welcome me home or even say hi to me and mom. He stormed straight upstairs. We heard a few bangs then a few slams of the wardrobe doors. About 10 minutes later we heard a loud amount of noise coming down the stairs. Me and mom rushed to the bottom of the staircase to see dad dragging a suitcase down.

"Where are you off too?"  mom asked curiously.

"I am flying out to Europe to see the boys... we will be back in 3 days" Dad said as he started ramaging through drawers to find his passport.

"you could have said something Ronnie! and you stood your own daughter up yesterday leaving her at the airport because of 'work' you need to start focusing more on the family and less on the boys" mom shouted.

"the boys are family and it was important !" Dad shouted back.

"Stay in Europe for all I care" she said as she walked back into the kitchen. Dad left slaming the door it was just me, mom and the cat for 3 days.