Chapter 3

Shadowhawk's head was spinning. Lights started flashing before his eyes. The walls warped, bending inward and outward before he closed his eyes. When he opened them, his room was definitely not the same as he had last seen it. All the furnishings were gone (he didn't have much anyway, though), except a few moldy cushions.

Then all the sudden, the walls were moving again as his head swam. Before he blacked out, he had heard a voice saying,

"Here you go. The perfect suite for you. Decorated with a Seawing in mind, two thousand years ago."

Another voice broke the black silence in his head.

"Hurry, you're going to be late for school! Get up!"

He touched his head with a jolt, thankful he was still alive, then realized he was on the floor. Was that a dream or a vision? It felt too real to be a dream, yet different from a vision. He raced to the hall, ate, grabbed a few scrolls, and flew off with a confused expression.

After the day was done, the gentle breeze sliding across his face, still disturbed about yesterday, deep in thought, he suddenly bumped into something and fell.

"Oof! Watch where you're going, please!" said a dragonet's voice.

Shadowhawk looked up. "I'm sorry! I'll..." He looked at her. She had dark green eyes, with a few silver scales. After a moment had passed, he snapped out of it. "Wait...I don't believe I've seen you before."

She looked at him with a smile. "I'm one of the lower students. You look...familiar."

"Yes, you've probably seen me. I'm Shadowhawk, by the way, so almost everyone sees me, but I don't see everyone," he said with a chuckle.

"Wow, I'm talking to royalty! I am so sorry for bumping into you..."

"No, that's all right. I was deep in thought. Should have been more aware. But what is your name, may I ask?"

She blushed. "Oh, I'm Foeslayer, and if you're thinking, that's a terrifying name, I'm not at all terrifying."

"No, I love that name. Say, are you part of diplomacy class?" he asked.

"As a matter of fact, yes, are you?"

"Yep! So, I guess we're both going to the Nightwing-Icewing meeting tomorrow, then?"

Foeslayer suddenly jumped. "Oh, buy the moons! I forgot about that! Thank you!"

"Would you like to come to the palace with me for a little bit?" he questioned.

She then had a worried look on her face. "Sorry, I have to go home! My mother is probably going to be yelling like 'Foeslayer, why were you late from school!?'"

"Ok, I guess I'll see you tomorrow then!" he said as she flew off and waved.

Shadowhawk proceeded to the palace, this time with caution. He arrived and saw his mother deep in conversation, so he slipped out of sight into his room, and shut the big, black doors. He knew something that had not happened before happened yesterday, and he was going to do it again.

But this time, he was going to be prepared.

This one was a little longer like promised. (Unless I didn't, but oh well). Hope you like it!
Question: There is one line from one of the books. Can you find it?
Nightwings, Icewings, and Foeslayer belong to Tui T. Sutherland.
The rest is mine.
Please comment!