Chapter 5

A cold breeze swept across the valley. Clearsight? I've heard that name in one of my visions! And she also looked like someone I know...

The Nightwing interrupted his thoughts.

"Clearsight, if you're still here, speak to me. Please, please speak to me."

Silence.

"Then listen. I won't hurt you. I would never hurt you. I forgive you. I know you were scared. I saw everything you were afraid of in that last moment when you – when you put the bracelet on me."

He hesitated,

"I'm sorry I put that spell on you," and looked in Shadowhawk's direction. Fear gripped him.

"If you come back to me. I'll promise I'll never enchant your mind again. I promise I'll listen to you this time. We can choose the best future together."

The Nightwing laughed a small laugh and turned away.

"I could use your help with what you've left me. A ruined city, a weak and broken tribe."

It was too much for Shadowhawk to bear. He wanted to go back. He wanted to go home. The ground beneath him collapsed, and he dropped suddenly into the never-ending hole of darkness.

He didn't know if he was falling or flying, but it would soon end as the world flashed white and he found himself back in his room, exactly the way it was before he left. He fell to the floor, gasping, and gathered himself. What did that Nightwing mean by 'a ruined city, a weak and broken tribe'?Does that mean our tribe or another tribe will crumble? Is he referencing to the prophecy I heard earlier, and are we at the 'end of an age'? He pondered this for a while, before drifting off to sleep.

The next evening, Shadowhawk realized there was the diplomatic meeting in the Ice Kingdom.
Sightseer had told everyone: "Be respectful. We don't want another war started by bickering."
The horn was then sounded to leave, and the Nightwings flew off in the direction of the Ice Kingdom.

Shadowhawk sighed as he flew with the guards alongside his mother and Vigilance, who was wearing diamonds on her wings and arms. The journey was long and as they got closer, the air freshened to a cold crisp. The Ice Kingdom, he was told, was the most unforgiving territory, absolutely freezing with only rare polar bears, seals, and scavengers to live off of on land. The totally white landscape glittered in the evening sunlight and was rolled out like a giant scroll. A huge building dominated the landscape, standing tall before the Nightwings. A group of Icewings came forward from the palace, and all had Icicles around their necks. Icicles represent rank. The fewer the number, the higher the rank, thought Shadowhawk, as most of them had two. One of them came forward (he had one icicle) and addressed the queen.

"Queen Oblate of the Nightwings, welcome to the Ice Kingdom."

I hate thinking sometimes! Hope ya enjoy! Please comment and fav! Based on the books by Tui T. Sutherland.
The quotes are taken from the book Talons of Power.
Sorry, it was kinda late. Watching football :)