Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I get up the next morning and Happy is gone. I get ready for work and head out the door. Walking into the studio, Lyla follows me to my office and asked if she can talk to me a minute. "What's up?" I ask her. "I need to ask you something and I completely understand if you say no but I wanted to come to you before anything happened." she tells me and I look at her confused. "What's going on?" she asked. "Opie asked me out." she says and I look at her for a second, stunned. "If you aren't okay with this, I will say no." she says. Lyla is a sweet girl and we have always gotten along. After a few seconds I speak. "Lyla, he needs someone that can give his what I can't. I would rather it be someone who will take care of him. I am fine with it. I have been thinking about things and getting into a relationship with him and Jax was a bad idea from the start. They were my best friends. It should never have gone as far as it did. Take him up on it. I want him and Jax to be happy." I tell her. "Are you sure?" she asked. I get up and hug her and say "I'm sure. You have my blessing." She hugs me back and leaves my office smiling. I think about it for a minute and I am actually relieved.

Talking to the girls, and getting the promo shots done, I am looking over the shots with Leah when I feel a tap on my shoulder. Looking up I see Jax. "Can we talk?" he asked. I nod my head and ask Leah to keep checking the shots. We walk into my office and close the door. "How are you?" he asked. "I'm getting better Jax. Really, I am." I tell him and it feels like it's the truth. "Good. I need to ask you something." he says. "Okay. What?" I ask. "Is there a chance we will get back together?" he asked. I look at him for a second and say "No. I love you and Opie both but getting into a relationship with you guys was a mistake. I miss the friendship that we had but I can't go back to that. You guys were amazing to me and I am so grateful for that but we all need to move on. Opie is moving on with Lyla." I tell him. "You okay with that?" he asked. "Yeah. She came to me and asked me about it first to make sure that I am okay." I tell him. "What about you?" he asked. "I still have a lot of healing to do, but, Jax, I am getting there. I have someone helping through shit that I can trust. You don't have to worry about me." I tell him. "Okay. I ran into Tara today." he tells me. "Wait. T's back?" I asked. "Yeah, and we are talking." he tells me and looks as if he's gauging my reaction. "That's great. Honestly, it makes me feel a little better knowing that you both are moving on. It means that I can concentrate on getting myself back together." I tell him. "And how are you getting yourself back together?" he asked. "I have a good friend keeping me company and helping me work through shit. I promise, I'm good." I tell him. We hug and he walks out and I head back to getting the shots checked.

A couple of hours later, it's just me and Lana working on getting a few extra shots in when someone walks into the studio. There's no one else here but me and Lana. After taking the next shot, I look over and see Happy standing there. "Hey Lana. I think that's it for today." I tell her and she smiles and as she passes me she says "Is he the one?" I just nod my head and she says "Good job." I start laughing as she walks off and shaking my head. "Hey Hap." I say and after Lana is out of sight, he leans down and kisses me softly. "Hey." he says simply. "Ready to head home?" he asked. "Home?" I asked. "Yeah, I need a place to stay since I am helping you out, I thought you'd help me out." he says and that's when I see his hand holding his new patches. "Holy shit! You patched?" I asked. He nods his head and I say "Let's go home and celebrate. I'll cook whatever you want." He just laughs and we walk out the door together. Walking into the house, he brings his duffle bag in and I tell him "Take it to our room." He looks at me and I say "It would be a little stupid to tell you to put it in the guest room when you've slept in my bed." He smirks and heads to my bedroom and yells, "I'm getting in the shower." I head to the kitchen and start dinner. I decide to make something simple. Steaks and baked potatoes. His favorite. As the food is cooking, I get his kutte from the front hook and get the new patches out of his pocket and start taking off the old ones and putting his Redwood Original patches on there. Dinner's almost ready and I am putting the last stitch in his patches as he walks into the kitchen. "You didn't have to do that." he tells me. "I know. Not the first time I've done this. Mom couldn't sew for shit so I always did Dad's." I tell him.