Makeup, Hair

Thank God that we were at the workshop. "Here we are" John announced as he parked his car. I got out of the car and headed to mine. It looked beautiful. I started thanking God. "That means I got to leave" John said, heading towards his car. "I owe you a big one. I promise. Thank you for everything. Meet you at bible study next week". I waved.

He smiled, perfect good-looking teeth showing! "Let me take you somewhere" He asked, reluctant at first until my reply.

"Sure" I replied.

"Tonight at 4?" He asked again. 

" 'Kay" I shrieked.

Thank you, Jesus. 

********************************
I entered my car and turned on my Bluetooth. This is Amazing Grace by Phil Wickham came on.
"This is unfailing love. That you would take my place. That you would bear my cross" This song always opened my heart out to God.

I decided to branch at the grocery store. Walking in, I grabbed a basket and went to the cereal aisle. Honey nut cheerios and Frosted Flakes. My phone rang inside my pocket. Pulling it out, I noticed it was my best friend, Hannah Morris.

Hannah and I have been friends since the beginning of middle school. I was more reserved than her and it so happened that the teacher paired us up for a science project on photosynthesis.

Since then, we were inseparable. We both went on a double date for homecoming and prom. The only time we didn't really see each other was during college. College was hard for us. Our other best friend, Sammy Thompson found out that she had breast cancer and that took a toll on our friendship.

"Hey girl" I hollered. A sequence of laughs came from the other side. "How are you?"

"Good"

"You usually don't holler at me. So what am I missing out on?"

I bit my cheek. I probably shouldn't have done that because I could feel small oozes of blood dripping inside my mouth.
"Let's just say, I have a date at 4" I tried my hardest not to squeal since people were around me, picking out their groceries.

"Who is the lucky dude?"
I could tell she wanted to know every single detail. "How about you come over and help me get ready for my date? Let's say around 2pm." I suggested.

"Great. Am on my way to hear about the guy who is making my girl hype"

I chuckled as we hanged up on our conversation that would soon be resumed to in 25 minutes.

I picked up the last of my groceries -- milk, brown eggs, butter, mayo, spinach, yoplait and cranberry juice.

By the time I got home, I realized that Hannah could be here at any moment.

I changed out of my attire and wore some Nike shorts and a white v-neck.
Knock knock.
I walked up to my door and opened it to reveal a smiling Hannah. She hugged me tightly. We let go so that I could close the door and we could have our time together.

"Do you want us to eat now?" I asked. "Andy brought us brunch so am good" she smiled as she walked to my room.
Andy was her boyfriend. He is one of the lead choir members at our church. They have been in courtship for the past 2 years now.

I sat down in front of my mirror as Hannah set up the hair equipments to do my hair and my soon to be glamorous face. Honestly, I don't know why she didn't want to become a beautician. She's pretty darn good at it if you ask me.

When it's someone's wedding, they usually hit her up because she is that good. If she studied cosmetology instead of journalism, she would be a known makeup artist and hairstyler and be working on models across the world.

"Simple but a pop of glam, right?" She asked, looking at me through the mirror. I nodded.

"Tell me all the deets"you could hear the happiness from her voice. It was nice though to start a relationship since my last one didn't end well and it was a living nightmare.

"You know how I told you about the guy that I encountered at the accident that happened a week ago?"

She nodded.

"He called me this morning as I was reading my devotional. He was like your car is ready to be picked up and he was on the way to pick me. I got ready. Then some how, he asked me on a date at 4." I narrated it all to her.

She squealed. "How were your emotions, Liv?"

"Hyperventilating. Panicking. But yet I felt relieved. I was happy and still am." A blush creeped to my cheeks as I felt like I relived the moment all again. "Aw, look at you. I am glad you are finding love again" she gushed.

We made small chats about how our work was going.
By the time we were done, she took a picture and I am pretty sure that was going on Snapchat. "This is so beautiful" I looked at my reflection.

Yes it was simple with a splash of color but yet it seemed to enhance my cheekbones and flat face

Yes it was simple with a splash of color but yet it seemed to enhance my cheekbones and flat face. "We only have a few minutes left before he comes so some waves will be all for now".

She braided my hair into 7 braids then passed the hair straightener through each one. I helped her loose them and she touched them up.

"Look at you" she made me twirl around

"Look at you" she made me twirl around. We laughed. "Wear this".

Looking at myself in the mirror, I smiled. I didn't know what I would do without her.