The proposal

5 months later

Looking at my phone, the time read 5:30 pm. John and I had talked for an hour and he left to let me know that he will be picking me up at 7 for an evening date.

Everyone knows that us girls take hours to get ready. I walked to my room and skimmed through pinned dresses that I liked on Pinterest to get inspiration. I could have called Hannah over but she was out with Andy and his family, miles away.

Deciding to pick an elegant night blue dress, I looked through my closet to not find any. I guess that means shopping. Taking my keys, wallet and phone, I entered my car and drove to a nearby boutique shop.

The bell chimed to notify that a new customer had stepped in. Bella, the boutique owner rushed up to me and we embraced in a hug. "Isn't it nice to meet you? It's like you disappeared off the face of the earth?"

I chuckled and replied, "Lots of things has been happening so I have been busy. I came here to ask if there were any nice elegant dark blue dresses?"

She clapped her hands in joy before staring at me with amusement in her eyes. "Who is the lucky guy?" She placed her hands on her thick hips and eyed me with curiosity.

"A great man named John" I cheesed as her brown eyes gleamed in excitement. "He is one lucky fellow. It's nice to see how bright you are. I could see it from a long mile away. Your skin looks radiant" her fresh southern accent echoed throughout the shop.

She led me towards the back and rummaged through a clothing rack that had beautiful dresses. "Look here, since you have been a loyal customer and your momma makes some good biscuits for me every morning, this dress is free of charge" She places a beautiful blue dress in my arms.

I object, "I can't take this. At least just let me pay for something" She raises her hands and waves me off to the dressing room, "Nonsense. Get your little buttocks into the room and let me see you"

I laugh and enter the dressing room. Taking off my clothes, I slip the dress on.
The dress was beautiful as it hugged my body and flowed down my sides. This was a winner. I walked out to show Bella the dress. "You look stunning girl" she nodded and made me twirl around.

I laughed as she kept saying how beautiful the dress made me look. A text erupted from my phone.

John
Hope to see your beautiful face tonight. See you at 7

Bella eyed me and a big grin plastered on her skin glowing face. "Is that him? Oh, it has to be him" I nod out of embarrassment. "You ain't got nothing to be embarrassed about. He acts like a fine young man. Go get ready girl. Your little date is at 7" she rushed me into the dressing room to change out of the dress into my outfit.

-

The time read 6:50 pm. I had done my hair and my makeup which wasn't extravagant because I wanted to look simple.

Looking through my jewelry stand to see what I could accessorize my self with, I opted towards small diamond earrings and later on sprayed my self with my perfume.