Chapter 11: The Art of Smiling And Hand Holding

At last, Saturday had arrived.

Ah, the day of days!

The day my sweet Cade would go on a date with me.

Hell yeah!

I checked my figure in the mirror again, straightening the knot in my tie.

My favorite tie, blood red, just like the blood of my enemies. Ah, good times.

The suit I wore consisted of nothing but black, excluding the tie.

I smoothed my hair down and smirked at myself. I looked smoother than dark chocolate.

"Awe, is little 'ole Lucy getting ready for his cute little date?" Lila grinned from the doorway of my bathroom. 

"It's not a cute little date, it's a- yeah with Cade anything could be considered cute and little, but definitely not me. I'm anything but that." I grinned back at my old friend as I passed her.

"Well, have fun with your little boy toy." She called after me before a shut the door and headed out.

"Hey, Kitty." Cade smiled nervously from his front Porch.

I watched as he stuffed his hands into his pockets before walking down the steps.

He was wearing a button up shirt, the collar and sleeves were black. The main part of the shirt was space themed, with blues, whites and grays. He wore black skinny jeans and dark gray boots to match.

"Hello, good lookin'," I grinned at him once he was in front of me.

"You promised sushi." He was looking at the ground.

"Ah, that I did." I grinned and pulled open the car door for him.

I watched eagerly as he stepped into my car. He looked positively nervous and unsure but that wouldn't last long.

I walked around and pulled myself into the drivers seat, the grin on my face was so big it was beginning to hurt.

I was going on a date, with Cade.

I mean, of course he was a human and for some god awful reason he didn't want to have sex.

Like, honestly, who wouldn't want to do it? I mean, obviously him, but why?

Anyways, that didn't really matter, I had had long enough to get my share and Cade was way to adorable to not fall for.

I sped down the highway, eager to get to our destination. The grin on my face had only gotten bigger as the moments passed.

"Kitty, what's wrong with your face?" I looked over at Cade, smile still there.

I laughed when he cringed at me.

"It's called smiling, you do it enough to be a pro." I answered cheerfully which made him cringe even more.

"You can definitely tell you aren't," he muttered under his breath but I heard it.

"Oh yeah?" I raised an eyebrow as I pulled into the parking lot of the Sushi House.

"Yeah." He retorted, sitting up a little straighter.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and leaned over toward him, "I've lived longer than every single one of your ancestors combined."

"You lived for that long and didn't smile?" Now it was his turn to raise a brow.

Damn, he's good.

"Whatever kiddo." I reached over and ruffled his hair, "Let's go get some food."

I unbuckled and pushed open my door. I teleported to Cade's door and opened for him.

"Kitty! You're going to freak people out!" Cade exclaimed once he was out of my car.

"No one is around." I chuckled and grabbed his hand.

"Whoa, What are you doing?" He asked, a blush finding its way to his face.

"Holding your hand, so I need to explain what that is too?" I asked, a smirk on my lips.

"No! That's not what I meant!" He huffed, his face growing even more red.

"Then what did you mean?" I pushed, my smirk turning into a grin.

"I- nothing." He huffed again, "Let's just go inside."

"As you wish." I smiled, pulling the door open for him.

•••
I'm still not dead, but I have been bored. At this rate I might die before I finish this story though.