Chapter 7: Well, Shit

"Anywhere but here of course." I spat at him.

"Awe, Lucy, babe, why is that?" He asked over the chaos, "To get a new outfit?" He crossed his arms and glanced me up and down.

"Hey, Kitty looks better than you ever will." Cade shouted over a loud explosion, his glare focused on Semis.

The kid had some guts after all.

Semis doubled over in laughter, "Did-did he just call you kitty?"

My anger elevated and I pushed Cade behind me. I swore that the ass demon was worse than me when it came to torture.

"Enough of the chitchat, your laughter sounds like a dying pig." I growled and charged at him. I had to remember to keep in my human form in front of Cade.

"As you wish, Kitty." Semis mocked before setting up into a fighting stance.

It was a relief he didn't change into his natural form and I assumed it was because I hadn't either. He thought he could take me without it.

"Kitty!" I heard Cade shout from behind me. I had to stop myself from glancing back at him. I couldn't get distracted or it would cost big time.

"Charging me head on then, eh?" The demon grinned, "I like a good old fashioned battle."

I headed straight for his head with my fist and at the last minute slammed my foot into his side.  He took the hit in stride.

"You're not old enough to know what an old fashioned battle is." I sneered, barley blocking a hook aimed at my jaw.

He swung another punch but I side stepped it and threw a spinning back kick to his stomach. The impact forced him to stumble. I took the opening to roundhouse him in the back.

Ha! No one could defeat me!

I blocked his kick to my chest and kneed him in the face. I watched him tumble face first into the dirt.

"Old man, you still got some moves." Semis smirked as he stood from the ground, wiping the dirt and blood from his face.

I frowned.  Explosions shaking the ground around us.

I knew that smirk, he was planning something.

"And while you may have moves your little pet doesn't." He had barely finished his sentence before he teleported behind Cade.

Semis grabbed Cade from behind. The demon's fingers dug into My Cade's shoulders and lifted him off the ground.

A flash of red blocked my vision, before I could stop myself I let my natural form take over. Semis dropped his human form just as I did, his yellow horns mocking me silently. 

"Kitty?" Cade's voice was quite and unsure. I could barley hear him.

I bared my fangs at the scum, "Put. Him. Down."

"Oh, you mean like this?" He grinned, his clawed grip leaving Cade's shoulders.

Cade let out a scream as he fell toward the ground. Without hesitation I snatched him from the air. His eyes were closed tight.

"Gets 'em every time." Semis grinned, "Have fun explaining yourself to your little pet."

With a snap of his fingers him and his shit eating grin disappeared. 

"Are you alright?" I asked Cade as I set his feet on the ground.

He pushed my hands away from him. The kid looked like he was about to scream. A groan escaped my lips but it was deeper than when I was in my human form.

Although Semis had left demons still ran around yanking people by their hair, destroying rides, and throwing things. I had to get Cade out of there.

"Alright, you can scream at me later, but right now we need to get out of here." I hauled him over my shoulder.

"H-hey." He shouted in protest but I ignored him and focused on a way out of the chaos.

The front entrance had been blocked by  the teacups from the teacup ride, and there were no side entrances. I knew Cade wouldn't appreciate me flying but I had no other choice.

"Up, up and away we go." I muttered, jumping into the air. Cade let out a scream and gripped onto me for dear life.

"Put me down, please!" He cried, his fingers digging into my shoulder.

"Alright, Alright. I'm putting you down." I assured him and lowered us to the ground.

We had only made it a couple of blocks away from the fair. I could still see the smoke from some of the rides that had been set on fire. The sound of sirens entered my ears.

"Kitty?" Cade spoke quietly from my left.

I turned to him and my heart broke. I reached out to touch him but he flinched away from me, fear clear in his eyes. I shifted into my human form to try and make him less scared of me.

"Hey, I'm still the same old me. You know how you eat potato salad all your life and then someone tells you it's made of mustard and even though you don't like mustard you still like it?" I gave him a hopeful smile, "It's the same thing, right?"

"Not really." He frowned at me, "What... what are you?"

"Uh," I fidgeted nervously.

If I told him I was Satan I was pretty sure he would run away screaming, in fact I was surprised he hadn't done that yet. I pretend to fix my hair to give me time to think.

"Wait, are you-you're," Cade's eyes widened, "You weren't lying when you said your name was Lucifer!"

Well, shit.

••

Wow, you thought I wasn't coming back, eh? Well here I am... kinda. This one's short but it's here! Hope you like it.