Chapter 26

Three days later.

"Come on. You have to eat something darlin'." The young blonde nurse says, putting down some jelly and custard in front of me.

I smile awkwardly but then shake my head. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to cover for what I need.

"Come on, you haven't eaten anything in days. You have to eat something." The nurse sighs and crosses her arms.

"I'm really fine."

She sighs again and takes it away. She puts it back in the little tray she brought it in on.

"Is something wrong? Are you feeling sick or nauseous?" She asks, crossing her arms.

Of course, she doesn't know I'm a vampire. She basically asks me questions and I just plainly say yes to every question.

I nod.

"Poor thing, I'll get you some pills to make you feel better." She smiles and leaves the room.

Frank peaks around the corner and slips inside.

He looks even a bit pale.

"Hey," He says, taking my hand and sits on the hospital bed, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. Just really sore and the pain killers don't help as much. You look quite pale, are you okay?"

"Turns out they needed more blood than I thought, but I'm feeling fine. I was worried sick about you."

"At least I'm okay, it's nothing too bad. They're taking good care of me here, I just need some blood sometime, if you don't mind, sweetheart. Before I, uh, eat the nurse." I say looking at my knee, he chuckles and then nods stroking my cheek.

"You're so cute." He whispers and kisses the top of my nose.

With Frank's blood, I'll heal up much faster than humans normally would, but that's fine. The quicker I can get out of here, the better.

"I managed to get in contact with your troop, Clares, if I'm right? They're sending down a team to take back the mansion, they left Germany yesterday." He kisses my hand and holds it on his chest, "I'm so happy that you are okay, you really scared us."

"Poor Andy. Is he okay? How's he coping?"

"He's just a bit rattled but he's doing okay. He's actually become more talkative today, a lot that he's spoke in months. I think his stress is unloading. I asked one of the nurses for a bed for him to sleep in, he's exhausted, he's next door. He's been up all night worrying about you."

"That's good, my poor baby. I, I just want you to know that I love you and thank you for not leaving me back there like I wanted." I whisper, changing the topic, and Frank kisses me.

"You're the most precious thing to me on this Earth, my angel. I wouldn't give you up for the world." He whispers, squeezing my hand.

"Awww, you guys are so cute! Aren't you tired Mr. Iero?" The nurse says from the back of the room, "You've had a long day it's already after 11 pm, and I would be very tired after that second blood transfusion. I'm sure I can get you a bed close by."

Frank looks at me.

"Don't worry," she says smiling, "He's in good hands."