Chapter Three

Sense rushed over me, as I sighed in relief. "Alright, Becca! This a fabric doll or someth-" I stopped myself as I realised. That isn't a doll. That is Becca. "Shit," I mumbled as panic arose inside of me. Then I noticed something hovering above me. A board. Not just any. Becca's Ouija Board. Floating in the air above the tombstone. I noticed that it was very clearly trying to spell something out. W. A. N. T. T. O. P. L. A. Y. I thought to myself for a moment. How could you tell what was meant to be one word? But my thoughts were interrupted by the dawn of recognition. "Want to playyyyyy?" A dreamy voice whispered from behind me. I knew better than to anger ghosts and spirits and demons. I nodded quickly. The Ouija Board flew into my arms. I began to play, I only wanted one thing. I knew I was breaking the rules. Literally, rule one: Don't play with only one person. But I knew if they wanted me to play alone then I would. "Did you do that to Becca?" I asked, the wind slashing into my face. B. R. O. K. E. N. P. R. O. M. I. S E. The board spelt out as I gathered the letters and placed them into words in my mind. Oh. Broken promise? I couldn't think. "What do you mean?" The board rapidly spelt out. S.H.E.B.R.O.K.E.Y.O.U.R.P.R.O.M.I.S.E  I sighed. "What promise?" The board proceeded to spell. S.H.E.M.A.D.E.A.P.R.O.M.I.S.E. Then from a behind a small, whispery voice articulated, "The one in charge was challenged by the human. To know when a promise is broken, a deal was made."  A deal? Becca? "Wait. A promise? With whom?" The voice suddenly changed to a rough and scratchy voice. "She promised. That if I made her able to tell when a promise had been broken and that, that person would suffer greatly, she wouldn't tell of what she saw." I glanced down at the pit. Becca was still lying there. "What did she see?" At this point, I dared to turn around. The figure in front of me spoke "Me." A cruel smirk turned upon his face if you could call it that. He snarled and reach ed out his hands swishing them in the direction of a tree, as if he controlled the whole universe beyond our understanding, the tree fell. A young child ran up against the figure, who was coated in a black tar-like substance and smiled at him. The child looked normal. At least that's what I would've said had he not turned around to leave. The back of his head was gone. His brain sagged out the back of his head as he skipped along the path. The creature continued to snarl and glare at me with it's piercing dark eyes. "I am welcome to yours as you are to mine. Promise?" Fear overcame me. What to do? What to do? Hmmmmm. "Promise." WHAT! Why did I say that? Shiiiiiitttt. I saw it smirk. "What does that mean exactly?" He laughed evilly, "I am welcome in your world of Earth, and you are welcome in my world of Hell. When an hour passes and if you have not fulfilled the deed by the time will stay like this. You in my world, and me in yours." My eyes widened.  Deed? No way was I questioning something that looked as evil as that. "Of course." I decided to be very professional about this, for it would not work if I couldn't help Becca.  "Are we resided in your world now?" I inquired. "Indeed." He said still smiling crookedly. 

A house began to melt around us. Building up, and up until there was a fully formed house stood around us, containing us in one room. As I attempted to leave, a hand pulled me back through the curtains that appeared around us.