Chapter Nineteen

Cass and I raced through the halls and ran straight into the kitchen. Alright, time to get this over with, we only needed three more dishes completed, apple pie, soup and, my favourite, ice cream. "Okay, What flavours?" I asked Cass, as despite telling me what to make, she hadn't given me the flavours for the soup or ice cream. She looked at me as if I was mad, "What do you mean, what flavour?" She paused, "Do you really think the whole population of our house all likes one little flavour? HELL NO! You need to make all of the flavours or as many as you know how to,"  I mentally screamed, huh. Better not tell her I can't cook. "Yeah, sure." I blurted out. " Course" I added. She glared at me, "You can't cook can you?" She taunted, I gasped, "Why ever would you think that?" She laughed, "That's exactly what I said years ago," she stated, I sighed in relief, "Good because you're correct, I can't bloody cook," Cass laughed, "Here," She spoke and flicked her hand towards one of the shelves, where a book gently floated off of the shelf and in front of me. It opened to the page of multi-tasting soup and crossed over to the ice cream. I opened my mouth, still, in disbelief, it doesn't make sense how we can do all this but can't make food from magic. So, as my curious, fifteen-year-old self I decided to ask, "Hey, Cass, why can't we just make the food from magic?" She lowered her hands and walked over to me, "Well, sometimes magic can go wrong, and you wouldn't want it to go wrong whilst eating it, now would you?" I winced, "I guess not," I suppose she had a fair point. I began to make the ice cream, " Hey, Laura," I spun at the sound of my name, "Yes?" she continued, " Look, think of the things you need and swish your hand," She spoke softly, I did so and the supplies came gently floating onto the counter in front of me, "Woahh," Cass giggled, "Sometimes, I think you forget, you are one of us, you know?" I swished my hair, "Yeah, I'm not used to it Cass, I've been here for, how long?" I asked Cass' face painted a look of pure confusion, "Hmmm, I'd say around 2 days?" I widened my eyes at her, "BUT WE NEEDED TO SAVE BECCA WITHIN AN HOUR!" I screeched, "O-okay, Jeez, Didn't I say before, we have ages yet, my father- sorry - our father, he made a deal, and because we did that we basically have all eternity to finish this," I sighed in relief, "But she might probably be in pain," Cass added, wincing. "WHAT!" I screeched again, Cass held her ears, "SHUSHHHHH!" She warned, "BUT BECCA IS IN PA-" She flicked her hand at one of the ready-made bread rolls and it flew into my mouth, Cass tried to stifle a laugh, but quickly composed herself, "Shush, Jordon's here," She exclaimed pointing to the window, and so he was. Walking around the castle, with a very small child, "OHHH GREAT! ANOTHER KID!" I shouted a bit too loud, "SHUT IT LAURA! THAT'S LWODAN!" She yelled back, "Who the hell is that?" I asked, "Jordon's kid," She replied, "Jordon has a kid? He never mentioned that" I stated, "What? You know Jordon?" She sounded surprised, "Yeah, he came in when I was looking after the babies, "Well, you can't have been doing a very good job then, he only attends to them when the pain is bad," I gritted my teeth, "Well, I got Draconia to say her first word, so I don't think I did THAT badly," Cass opened her mouth in shock, by this time we had finished making the ice cream, and I was onto the multi-flavoured soup, and Cass was onto the apple pie, "WAIT! DRACONIA SAID HER FIRST WORD? WHAT DID SHE SAY?" She asked eagerly, "You know when I ask you about where you were, these are the types of this you need to mention," I laughed, "She said someone's name," "We like playing guessing games here?" Cass asked sarcastically, "Was it yours?" I shook my head, "WELL THERE ARE ABOUT 700 OTHER PEOPLE IT COULD HAVE BEEN SO I SUGGEST YOU JUST TELL ME!" I laughed at her bluntness, "Fine, it was Jordon," She rolled her eyes, "He gets everything," I remembered mine and Jordon's conversation from yesterday, having been awake for three whole days, I supposed I ought to argue some more, "No, actually, he's just the same as us," I said and Cass glared, "Course," She said, again with high sarcasm in her voice. "Let's just get on with the damn food," I spoke, and she nodded, "Not a bad idea I'd say," She said, continuing on with the food. Bloody Becca, literally. You won't even believe the trouble I've had to go through to help you. I'll tell her about this before she has to go. It all felt like a dream because for once I was happy again. But it wasn't, and nothing would ever be the same again. For the better.