Chapter Seven

The bowl, that was now residing in Cass' hand shone in the light of the lanterns. Man, these 'people' really love testing things with liquid. "Here!" Cass beamed brightly in the market square as she pulled over the sleeve of my right arm and poured the liquid on it. "Oh my god! This bloody burns! WHAT IS THIS SHIT?" Cass looked offended. Then again, she always seemed to look offended. "Blood and tar," She said as if it was obvious. "Blood and what? That's why it's burning! TAR? You can't put tar on peoples skin. "Calm down, look it's typing," I rolled my eyes, "What, this how you text too?" Now it Cass' turn to roll her eyes. "No stupid, if I were you I'd-" Cass was interrupted by the spelling of the names on my arm. 'Mother- Lavender Lunbele' Okay, well, I can't say that's a huge shock or anything. Cass rolled her eyes again, I'm pretty sure they just permanently reside there and she moves them when talking. But then I remembered she was reading my thoughts. "Jeez, do you all have a first and second name beginning with L?" Cass laughed, as I rolled my eyes, looking at her as her eyes turned to stone with shock and her body became rigid, "You okay?" I asked her, as she looked as if she'd seen a ghost, and, considering we were now in Hell, that might just be possible. Her eyes widened and she pointed to my arm. 'Father- Our God' Cass gasped, really loudly, even though she had gotten through half of the shock already, "Well, what?" I said, she glared and begun to speak "You see when-" She must have realised I would NOT have understood her so instead she poured the remainder of the liquid over the top of her arm too.

The liquid stretched on her skin and melted and twisted into letters, 'Mother- Loren Walker' No idea who the hell that was. What even was her point here? I didn't need to know that, did I? 'Father- Our God' "OH!" I think I was beginning to understand now. Possibly. Maybe. Probably. Not. I haven't a clue. "One male can father many children," Cass suddenly found her voice. "Basically," She must have seen the confusion on my face, "We have the same father, making us..." She ushered for me to end the sentence. "Cousins! OH NO WAIT SISTERS, HALF SISTERS! I knew that." I composed myself.  Ugh, that was embarrassing. Probably shouldn't think that she can see that. Hey, but why can't I see her thoughts? "It's because you're younger than me. And we're related." She said calmly. "But, you're my sister, sorry half-sister, and you can read my thoughts, why can't I read yours?" I asked, She nodded "It's because I'm preventing you from doing so, you see, there are two stones, one green, that I just gave you, and one purple that is used to prevent others from reading your mind, I can get you the purple one too if you want it?" I nodded vigorously. "YES!"