The body

I looked down on the pale body laying by my feet. It was disfigured by the many lashes created by a knife.

The long brown hair stained with blood that was fresh. Eyes open wide, you could see the green piercing eyes of a once beautiful girl. The girl looked around 20, around my own age. I started to look around me, finally noticing my surroundings.

I did not feel the cold of the very street I was standing in. It was quiet. No human being for miles. It was a deserted place. I began wandering away from the body, trying to get help. I didn't find my phone, I couldn't call 911. I ran around trying to find someone that could help me.

For hours I did not see a single human being. I started wandering back to the body, didn't know what else to do. I came closer to the body when I suddenly heard a scream.

It was coming from the direction of the body. I started running towards the scream, thinking that whatever had screamed could help me. I could see a lean boy leaning over the body crying. He had blond curly hair. I could tell that he was very tall by the way he was leaning over the body. I slowed down behind him.

"Do you have a phone?" I asked. No response from the boy. I could hear him muttering something, but couldn't make out the words.

"Can you call for help" I asked firmly. Still no response. I was so close to the boy now. I leaned down beside him. There was something familiar about him.

I tried to ask him again the same question. Still no response. I decided to try to touch his shoulder to get his attention. As I were about to touch him, cops pulled up behind us. I was grateful by the sight.

I ran over to the cops, but they just ran past me, towards the boy. I could finally see the boys face. He had blue eyes that were swollen by the tears that were still running down his face. I did not pay more attention to the boy, but tried to talk with one of the cops.

"Hello" I muttered to one of the cops. No response, he didn't even look at me. "Hello" I said again a little louder. No response.

I started to get weird feeling about this, I now stood approximately 10 meters away from the body and the boy. I started pacing towards them, trying to make my presence known. I halt beside the cop and the boy. I could finally figure out why the boy looked familiar.

"You just found the girl lying there?" The cop asked the boy in disbelief.

"Clarissa" he said "her name is Clarissa Hendrix". I knew this boy and I knew that name.

"And what's your name sir?" The cop asked in a monotone voice.

"I'm Alex Moore, I'm Clarissa's boyfriend".

How could I not see this sooner. The boy, Alex, was my boyfriend, and the body was me.