A night to remember

It was 3 AM, and Alex had the candles and the board in front of him. He was breathing heavily. He moved his hand toward the planchette. His fingers trembling as he did so. How could he be so stupid. I just hated the fact that he would do something so reckless. His fingers were now placed on planchette.

He moved it in a circle three times and than finally stopped in the middle off the board. I came forward and placed my fingers on as well.

"Clarissa, are you here?" He looked around the room scared. I moved the planchette towards yes. He let out a sigh of relief.

"Are you alone" his eyes met mine as if he could see me, but I knew he couldn't. I looked around to see if Addelyn had showed up again. She hadn't. I move the planchette to yes.

"Have you crossed over". No. And so went the game. It was as if Alex and I were the only two people. The clock turned 4 and I could feel that I couldn't move the planchette as swiftly as I previously could. Alex continued asking questions, but it was harder and harder each time. It came to the point were I could no longer move the planchette. I could see it made Alex frustrated.

After awhile Alex threw the board over to the room, angry over that I could no longer answer him. He wondered off to bed crying out of anger.

"Why, can't you answer me?" He exclaimed. I felt a urge to reassure him. Without me knowing what I was doing. I caught myself hugging him. He turned around and looked at me. Did he feel that?

"Clarissa?" Ha asked looking around the room. He clearly didn't see me.

"Yes" I replied hoping he could hear that. He just might have because his eyes instantly met mine.

" I cannot believe it" he smiled still looking at me.

"Can you see me?" I asked confused.

" no, but I can hear you". We both went silent. Why could he hear me now? That's when I realized why. I had felt different after he used the ouija board, as if I was connected to him. He never said goodbye, and I had somehow connected myself to him. That's why he could hear me. Alex started crying

"I wish I could see you" he said.

"I wish I could be there with you" I said.

We stood there for something that felt like an hour. I didn't feel alone anymore. Finally I could talk with someone that were still alive.

"I'm going to bed now" Alex broke the silence

"Join me" he walked over to the bed and I followed. He laid down. I touched his face and I could see that he felt that. He fell asleep quickly after that, I however did not. Mostly because I was ghost or whatever I was now and I did not need sleep. I jumped out of bed looking at Alex.

He looked so peaceful. I wondered downstairs to the kitchen to the spot I usually sat in. I still hadn't seen Addelyn. There was just something about her that I could not put a name on. I wondered how she died and especially why she never got a name.

"Clarissa" I little girls voice broke my thoughtful slumber. Addelyn looked up at me and smiled.

" Addelyn, there you are" I said hunching down to her "why do you keep disappearing?"  Addelyn just stood there quietly. It looked like she was thinking.

"I don't know, I can't help it" she looked said saying this.

"How long have you been here?" I asked.

"I don't know" she looked the other way, clearly not wanting to answer more of those questions.

"Tell me what you do know then" I smiled at her, I really liked her presence.

"I know I died in my moms womb" my heart dropped when she said that. I didn't want to question her more about that.

"Do you wanna see something" I asked changing the subject. She nodded. I lifted her up on my shoulders and I showed her the view. She was flabbergasted by what she saw.

"It's like we're flying" she said laughing. I couldn't help myself but I started laughing too.

"Can I call you mom?" Addelyn asked out of the blue. I didn't know what to reply. I couldn't just tell her no exactly.

"Do you know who your mom was" I asked. I didn't want to ask her that, but I was too curious not to ask her.

"You two share the same name" Addelyn looked up at me. It was as if something clicked inside of me. How could I forget. Addelyn looked as if she was four but it was not her real age. She wouldn't have been born, at least not for another two months. Addelyn has blond hair and green eyes. It was so obvious. How could I not see it before.

Addelyn was mine and Alex's daughter.