Alex

Alex were being lead into the police station. I followed closely. I wondered what was going to happen next. Did they think he killed me? Did he? All of these questions popped up in my head as I followed Alex. He was being lead into a small questioning room.

We sat in the room in silence, but in reality it was no we, but only him. I did not exist anymore, or at least not in the living world. The hours drifted by the silence in the room. Alex looked thoughtful, he had stopped crying when he entered the room hours earlier.

Finally a police officer entered the room. He looked strict as if he was meeting the devil. His black hair covering one of his eyes. He looked young, but old at the same time. The cop pulled out the chair in front of Alex, waking him up from his daze of thoughts.

"So, Alex, how did you find the body?" The police officer looked firmly at Alex.

" I was supposed to pick up Anne and Clarissa from a poetry reading. Anne called me and said that she couldn't find Clarissa and that she didn't performed her poem. Anne thought that Clarissa had left her at the bar and went home again. I got worried when I returned home and she wasn't there. She didn't pick up her phone, but I could see that she was active on her iPhone an hour earlier. I pinged her phone to see her last known location. That's how I found her" Alex replied emotionless, entering the thoughtful daze he previously was in.

"How did you know the victim?" The cop looked directly at Alex when he asked the question.

" she was my girlfriend, we lived together" Alex didn't look up when he replied, he just fiddled his fingers under the desk that was centered in the middle of the room.

"How did you meet?" The cop asked, leaning back in his chair. Alex didn't have to reply before my memory of our first meeting popped up in my head

"Do you need any help?" I turned around to the boy that stood behind me. I was trying to reach a book on the shelf, but couldn't reach it.

"Yeah, I'm trying to reach the green book there" I replied smiling at him. He was so handsome. His blond hair complimenting his ocean blue eyes. He smiled at me reaching for the book.

"Highland secrets: secrets of the heart" he said smiling, giving me the book "you like historical romances?" He chuckled a little. I blush at this

"Yeah I guess" I try not to look him in the eye.

"That's cute" he laughed "I'm Alex by the way".

" Hi" I blush again "I'm Clarissa, but everyone calls me Claire". Our eyes meet and for a couple of seconds we just look at each other.

"I like Clarissa" he said "it's a very beautiful name. It means bright or clear". I was surprised by that statement.

"You study names or something?" I asked.

"No, but I've heard that name before and someone mentioned what it meant. I didn't know I remembered" he laughed again. His laughter was cute to listen to, unlike mine.

"I have seen you before" he said "at campus". I had just started my year at Colombia university studying English. "That sounded weird" he said, shaking his head. I could see he was embarrassed.

"You go to Colombia too?" I asked, ignoring his embarrassment.

" yeah, I study finances there. I just noticed you the other day" he collected himself from his embarrassing moment. We both went silent not knowing what to say.

"Uhm there is a party later tonight, would you like to come" he scratched the back of his neck out of nervousness. I didn't have a lot of friends here since I recently moved from Ohio.