chapter fifteen ↴ i'm a bad bitch and i dont care that the world almost ended

"is it too much to ask to just drink margaritas and chill with my bestie?!" Kenzie yelled over the commotion of Diego and Hazel attempting to fuck each other up.

"oh my god!" she complained as Diego stabbed Hazel. "you bitches are so catty. Delores, baby, tell them I'm gonna to the bathroom real quick, 'kay?"

Kenzie left the room quickly, and went to the bathroom downstairs because that was the most simple bathroom in the entire house.

splashing water on her face, Kenzie wiped away the watered down mascara off her cheeks. she gazed into the mirror for a moment, and saw a pale oblong face, adorned with straight nose, blushed cheeks and hazel green eyes surrounded by thick eyelashes.

she sighed, and swiped lip balm from her pocket over her pillowy, pink lips. "why was I not scared the world was ending?" Kenzie asked quietly, staring at herself in the mirror.

she tried to think hard, wondering just why she didn't feel anything but content with the knowledge that the world was almost gonna end.

maybe it was because humans were already destroying themselves with global warming and killing.

maybe it was because she didn't have much to live for at this point. it wasn't that Kenzie was suicidal, it's just that people really pissed her off, and maybe if the world had ended Kenzie could've seen Angelica again.

"okay, Kenzie, now is not the time to get philosophical, I'm a bad bitch and I don't care that the world almost ended."

she re-entered the living room/bar just as Diego was waking up, jumping on the barstool next to Five's and taking his hand.

"shit." Diego groaned, sitting up a little.

Five rolled his eyes and sipped his margarita. "good, you're up. ready for a drink now?"

Diego shot up and looked around. "where is he?" "i let him go." Five answered. "what?!" "now that the apocalypse is over, it's time for the fighting to stop." he explained patiently.

Diego fumbled for his knives and turned to leave. "hey! he didn't kill Patch, his partner Cha-Cha did."

"so what?!" Diego demanded. "they were both there that night."

"this half of the partnership gave me both of their guns. which will clear you because the ballistics will match Patch's crime scene."

Kenzie nodded. "it's over, Diego. it's time to stop blaming people, even if it's the hardest thing you could possibly do."

"Hazel come here looking for a way out. he wanted a fresh start. and he happened to have in his possession the one thing that could do our family a little good." Five said, watching him intently. "it's time to move on, Diego." Kenzie sighed, feeling almost defeated.

"not a chance."

"oh my god this boy keeps getting stupider and stupider." Kenzie muttered. "suit yourself."

"i am curious," Five mentioned as he grabbed Delores. "your girlfriend Patch, what did you like about her?"

"a lot of things." Diego muttered. "cute butt, nice legs."

Kenzie rolled her eyes. "she deserves better then cute butt, nice legs Diego Hargreaves. honestly, what is with you men and only focusing on the outside?"

Five sighed. "anything a little more profound then that?" "she believed in people. no matter how much shit and filth she saw on the streets. she always saw the good inside."

"well, I'm sure she'll be proud to know you're killing Hazel and Cha-Cha as a way to honour her memory. come on Pixie."

"you're putting her back?" Kenzie questioned as they walked through the isles of clothes.

Five only nodded, emotion most likely clouding his thoughts.

he zipped open the bag and took out Delores, placing her on a stand.

Kenzie licked her lips, and felt like this was a private moment. "i'll just be over there, okay sweetheart?" she murmured before running behind a rack of skirts.

she watched him say a few words and then turn around, and Kenzie took it as he cue to come back.

gently, she placed a kiss on Delores' forehead. "thank you, Delores. you'll always be my main bitch."

with that, she took Five's hand and then left the store, finding comfort in each other. it was strange how Kenzie had become so used to seeing Delores around that it would suck not to see her anymore.

but the world wasn't ending anymore and Five believed Delores needed to be back with her friends.

if only the couple knew what was about to go down in just hours.

(AUTHORS NOTE)

we're so closed to finishing this book and that's crazy. a few more chapters to go!

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I'm sorry it was a tiny bit of a wait to get it out and I'm sorry that it's really bad, but I tried.

peace,
b xx