3

felix arrived in front of the languages building of their campus at exactly 8:55 pm. johnny was nowhere to be seen yet, but he tried not to think about it as it wasn't 9 pm by then.

at 9:10 pm, felix really began to worry if he had been stood up. sure, he knew people were late sometimes, but whenever that happened when felix was involved, he would get super worried. a side effect from his depression, apparently.

yes, felix had been diagnosed with the disorder back when he was only 18 years old, so four years prior. it came slowly, almost unnoticed by himself, until he found himself having weird thoughts more frequently. he had wanted to know what it was like to hurt himself, but had never done it because he knew he shouldn't, and he's really grateful for his own will to be so strong.

still, he wondered what it was like to die, asked himself why nobody wanted to be around him, even questioned himself if seungmin, his best friend, was just playing with him; staying with him out of pity.

he knew he shouldn't have those thoughts, and he had even been in therapy and taken antidepressants for two years, but sometimes, he just couldn't help it.

just as he was about to get deeply lost in his sad thoughts, he felt a hand tapping his shoulder.

"i'm so sorry you had to wait, but my roommate just wouldn't let me leave. i know that's not an excuse, so i can just say how sorry i am over and over again," the guy said, felix realizing it was who he had been waiting for. the man was panting as if he had run all the way from wherever he lived to the campus.

"don't worry, it's fine," felix replied, voice sounding weirdly emotionless and empty. johnny took notice of it, though chose not to question the guy further, but to distract him.

"i have a key to the building, so let's go inside, yeah?" johnny asked, unlocking and opening the door already. he held it open for felix, who stepped inside the building wordlessly.

after a few minutes of johnny leading him somewhere, felix said: "i've never been in here." johnny chuckled lightly, replying that it was an honor for him to show him around as the first person ever.

"that's our study hall. i thought it would be a good place for you to express yourself with your dancing. you don't even have to dance if you're uncomfortable around me, but i still think the atmosphere in here is really nice," johnny rambled, making felix smile a bit.

felix was a bit surprised that a stranger had made him smile so quickly after barely knowing him, so he decided he would try to overcome his worries and show him some dance moves.

"do you need music?" johnny asked.

"not necessarily, but it might help."