11

"i swear it was so damn wonderful, all the emotions portrayed and it sounded so mellifluous and i think i cried and he also looked so happy when i hugged him and-"

"yeah, calm down, johnny, we understand that he's extremely talented and that you definitely are in love with him, so please just ask him out already," doyoung interrupted johnny's flow of words. the guys were having a study session in their favourite café, but it was less studying and more ranting.

"i'm not in love with him!"

"you are," doyoung said. "you look like amor hit you right into the stomach with his weird heart-shaped arrows. not once, but like a million times."

johnny went quiet.

"hey, don't talk bad about amor! he's the reason you and brian are a couple," taeyong chimed in, seemingly offended.

"you do know that the love letters weren't from amor, but from johnny, right?"

taeyong looked devastated, realization dawning on him as he felt really out of place, like his world had been ended.

johnny chuckled, "you burst his little love-bubble, doyoung."

----

"he hugged me! hyunjin, did you see that? he hugged me! he said i did great!" felix happily chimed to hyunjin that afternoon. they were waiting for seungmin to arrive at the shared dorm of the boyfriends, as the guys wanted to watch a movie and had invited felix over, too.

"yeah, i get it, you're happy, but please don't choke me with your hugs! seungmin will kill you and you know how he is!"

"why would i kill felix?" seungmin chimed in, having just entered the apartment and overhearing a bit of their conversation.

meanwhile, felix let go of hyunjin just to run over to seungmin and hug him tightly, saying: "minnie, he hugged me and he said i did great!"

"what is happening? help me!" seungmin mouthed towards hyunjin, who was laughing at the sight in front of him. hyunjin also took out his phone and filmed the scene unfolding in front of him, with the prospect of sending the video to seungmin, who could forward it to johnny.

----

later that evening, felix received a text.

johnny

today, 11:02 pm

johnny
[video]

johnny
you're such a sweetheart, lix <3

felix began screaming in joy, but then noticed something.

"hwang hyunjin and kim seungmin, how dare you guys!"

loud and happy laughter erupted.