Chapter 16 Homecoming

JAKE

They doesn't say anything as if the three of them were forced to keep the words inside, aside from Katline, all three of them has on the same type dress but different colors and the three of them sitting there suddenly brings up to my mind, The Three Stooges, for some unexpected reason " you guys remember what we'll do tonight right? Katline ask them and they shake their heads, still with no words coming out as things were ever since they got in the car six minutes ago, what I also find disrespectful is the fact that Katline doesn't bother to introduce me to any of them, I know for sure that they don't go to our school because before picking them up, Katline did told me that they didn't, one other thing in which I just found out also is that the person doesn't have to go to our school to attend the homecoming dance, as long as the person is a student and as a ticket and is proven to be the right age, I find the idea pretty insane though, I mean what if someone had a ticket, looks young and got in, playing a trickster and starts shooting " hey there's one thing I forgot to asked you." she says now talking to me directly and I ask her what " do you know how to dance, the king and queen has to have a big dance." she says confidently and I tell her to relax that " I'm a pro at dancing." and her three friends still doesn't say anything and one of them starts to stare at me weirdly when I turn my head back again and so I force myself not to look back at all till we arrives, Katline says that the homecoming theme this year is River of Dreams, which I found to be pretty interesting, inspirational and can't wait to see how the decorations turns out, how the atmosphere turns out, I wonder if I could fish out my dreams about Haylie from that river though, figuratively speaking " you better be." she finish.

HAYLIE

" The princess Haylie, starts to scream for the prince to get up, kill the wizard and then come save her but the prince knew that without a kiss from her, he won't have enough energy to defeat the wizard and so he only ask her for a first kiss on the cheek, one he knows that would give him enough energy ." he says, stops the car and presses the horn and then he continues " care to donate Haylie? he ask and I ask, acting as a four years old " donate what Jo?" and he goes alone with it and says " a kiss." and still acting like an infant, I ask, the question that infants ask the most out of all questions " why?" and he doesn't answer, he isn't looking at me anymore either, he's looking pass me, outside my window " wow." he says and I turn to see what he's so amazed off and it doesn't turn out to be a what, it's the who, the person he told me he was going to give a ride, the person that he bought the extra ticket for, the person that I haven't seen at all ever since I left, ever since Jordan's dad told me that I had to be put out of his house " she looks beautiful." he says still looking like he's still amazingly shock by how good she cleaned up for this event and I shake my head agreeing with him, I mean if I say that she isn't very pretty with that red long simple dress then I'll be lying to myself but that's just it though, unlike me who's looking extraordinarily beautiful, not that I'm bragging about it or anything, the back seat door opens and she gets in, holding in her hand a little black purse matching her shiny black heels " oh my god is that..?!" she says surprisingly as if she knew that another girl was sitting in front but didn't know who yet " oh my god Haylie!" she says, continuing before I say anything " it's been a while, I missed you." and she looks at Jordan awkwardly and for a quick few seconds none of them says anything and I don't either and I decides to say hi to her before awkwardness fully takes over the car " so how did you two found each other again?" she ask as if she's really interested but I don't think that she is, I mean I don't have anything against Mia and all but I can tell that she isn't happy to see me here and is trying to make it seem like she is, I mean it's going to take more than a few words, a smile and just the right face expressions for someone like her to play the fake game with me, I mean I was born and raised in lies and I've been acting off stage my whole life so I know many about lying " we go to school together, she's in a new foster home." Jordan says bragging when I think that he's just wasting his time, I mean it came to me that Jordan's dad finding us out wasn't just an accident, I mean everything inside of me told me, is still telling till today that Mia had something to do with it, I mean I could bet you half a million dollars right on the spot that she had asked him to homecoming, that she had ask him out at one point after I left, even before I met him too, what I'm trying to say is that it's easy looking at Mia, how she looks at Jordan and easily says that she's in love with him, she may has always been in love with him, they've been close before I met Jordan and he never did tell me all the history between them, I know that she had to have asked him out at one point of their lives " does your dad know?" she ask Jordan and he gives her a confused look but I answer the question for him " yeah he came by looking for Jordan." and Jordan looks at me, trying to figure out if I'm playing some kind of game maybe " are you serious?" he ask after two to three seconds of testing and Mia doesn't say anything, she's listening of course, that's what all "fakes" does, they listen, store informations, and then go blab to the first person that comes to mind " yeah but trust me I closed the door on him before anything special happened." and he seems to relax suddenly " so what about you girl? I ask, looking back at Mia all friendly " what about me?" she ask with confusion in her face " what is the name of the guy that's your date for Tonight?" when I know that she is more likely not to have one, hoping that I'm not right about her thinking that Jordan would've be her date " I don't have a date." she said sounding very disappointed and instead of laughing at her as I should, I tell her that I'm sorry she doesn't have a date instead, Jordan is looking at where he is going on the road but I can tell that he's really listening too, although I wonder if what I think of Mia comes across his mind sometimes too, I mean he'd be the stupidest guy I know if it didn't.