Chapter 24 Dreams

" Daddy where are we going?" and he looks back for a quick moment and smile " we're going to celebrate your 13 years old birthday that's where, you're mom told me not to tell you but she wanted me to get you out of the house for a little while today so that she could plan your surprise birthday party so what do you wish to do first son?" and I tell him that I want to go to an arcade and he doesn't say anything else " is Jake preparing for this too? and he looks at me " what are you talking about, who in the world is Jake?"

" My brother, your son with the other lady." I tell him and he looks like he's not convince and I don't blame him " not that I'm saying that I do have another son but how did you know about it? he ask and I search for an answer but none comes to mind and while still trying, I find myself standing in front of a large mirror suddenly " what th..? I ask and the person says behind me " as your best man I think that's the nicest one so far." Jake says and he's sitting behind me in the chair " Jake?" and he looks behind him as if I'm referring to someone else as Jake " yeah." he says after realizing their wasn't another person with the same name as him standing behind him " who am I getting married to?" and he looks at me as if I'm being silly and as if I'm out of my mind " the girl you've been with since high school of course." he says and I already guess the name before he actually says her name " Haylie." and he doesn't look one bit worried about it " wait I'm getting married to Haylie and you agree to be my best man." I clarifies and he nods and then he laughs " you're nervous, I was too." he says and I ask " who did you get married to? and he smile as if whoever he is going to say is the most lovable, gorgeous, beautiful girl in the entire universe " Mia." and he continues " did you hit your head today or something?" " no I'm fine, let's go home." I say and we walk out after buying the fashionable white suit and there's a limo waiting for me outside " I drive that? I ask and he weirdly nods " no, you chill and the driver drives us." and the drive gets out of the front driver door, he's dressed in black and he's Kurt, he open the doors for us both and he starts to drive after playing a music, a classical song of course " change the station please." Jake says politely and Kurt obeys, changing the station to power 96 and " She Came To Give It to You" by Usher featuring Nicki Minaj stars to play. The limo stops at a huge house that looks like it has five or more bedrooms inside and Kurt had to talk to get the gate open, it does and he drives straight right in and after stoping, he walk out and open the door for Jake then me again " thanks." I say still confused to what's happening, I mean a few minutes ago I was in a car crash and now I'm in some kind of world, I'm dreaming, I must be, it's the only explanation for all of this. realizing that I'm only dreaming, I try as hard as I can to open my eyes but nothing seems to work. And suddenly like someone press the fast forward button, I find myself standing in the white suit that I picked in front of a bald old man, Haylie standing right by my side, white long dress, she's looking more beautiful, more desirable, more magical than ever before and by me are my father and Jake, standing behind Haylie is Lina and my mother, smiling at me as if she's more than proud, forcing me to want to stay in this dream world, with my mother that happy, I don't think that I ever want to stop living this dream now" Haylie do you take Jordan-" and Haylie cut the old man off " I'm sorry." and all eyes falls on her like raindrops " I'm in love with someone else." she says just when I start to let myself think that our story wouldn't end up here like it did in the real world, the whole crowd is surprisingly looking shocked suddenly, as if not an actual person saw something like this coming " who is the person?" I ask following along with the dream for the first time " your brother." and she looks towards Jake and so do I and out of no where I hear Jake's voice talking but my dream version of him isn't who's talking, the dream disappears suddenly like it was never there and I smell the hospital room only, I don't open my eyes but I could tell for sure that I'm in the hospital " Jordan please, you and Haylie are all that gives me hope so please brother don't die, don't stop fighting now." and I open my eyes and he looks terrible, more than me " how long have I been out?" I ask looking of how protected I look on the hospital's bed " you're back, you've been out for hours, I thought you were going to die." " well I'm not." I manage to say, with my head spinning, my body burning in pain, never in my life have I been so hurt " where's my dad? I ask as if a little lost boy looking for directions and he gives me a disappointed " he's not here yet." and I look at the clock, remembering what time it was before we catch Jake's mom with my dad and what time it is now " you've been here for the whole time and he couldn't even get here yet?! I ask angrily and Jake walks closer to my bed " it's because I've learned what family truly means unlike him." " when am I going to leave this place? " well today is your first day, no rush, till you recover, that's what the doctor said." and then I ask him about the other driver and he looks at me in a sad pity like way and I've already figure out what his answer is going to be.