Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Avoiding Ashton was harder than I thought. He had every schedule of my class but thanks God it's lunch time. All I need now is food. At the thought of food I heard my stomach grumbled. I sigh and made my way to my locker to put all my books away.

I slammed my locker shut and made my way to lunch room but as soon as I'm near at the door. I saw a familiar body leaning against the wall, playing with his car key around his fingers. My heart suddenly beats irregularly. My hands became sweaty. My throat became dry.

'Don't show him that you're affected of his presence' Bella's word suddenly appeared in my mind.

I can do this. I inhale deeply and start walking again. I held my head high and walked past him.

Don't turn around, don't turn around. I chanted in my head. But curiosity flooded at me, I turn around and thinking if he look up but to my dismay, he didn't looked up or move an inch. It looks like he is the one who's not affected by my presence. I felt like I've been stabbed in the chest a millionth times. I fight the tears that starting to appear at my vision. He's the one left me hanging but here I am still fighting the tears to come out.

~*~

"Why God hates me?" I ask. "Why did they keep meeting us two?" I ask again. Still no respond. I looked to my side to see Bella grinning like an idiot. Lost on her own La La Land. "Hey! Are you listening to me?" She nodded, still grinning. "Are you crazy?" She nodded again. This time I burst out laughing and she look at me like I grow a second head.

"So you finally admitted," I said between laugh.

She look at me weirdly, "Admitted what?"

"Nothing."

She was about to open her mouth when someone knock on my door. "Come in!" I called out.

Dad popped her head and said, "Pumpkin, dinner is ready and Bella your welcome to join."

"No thanks Mr. Haynes. I need to be home now. My mom will freak out when her daughter is not home yet," Bella said while hurriedly collecting her things. Wow! She's good at lying. She only lives next door and her mom knows she's here. She can even sleep here without the permission of her mom.

"You only live nex-" dad was cut off by Bella, rushing out of the door.

You're wondering why Bella is rushing out of the door? 'Cause she knows my dad is terrible at cooking.

"That girl is weird." dad commented.

"Yeah."

~*~

"Shit." I cursed under my breath while searching in my bag. I dialed my dad's number and told him to get my Algebra textbook that I forgot in our house. We said our goodbyes and we hang up.

While waiting for my dad I sat on one of the stairs in the entrance of the school and start humming 'Soldier' by Before You Exit. Suddenly I heard a loud moan. I swear that is not me. I stood up and scan the parking lot and there I saw Ashton and Britney (the school slut) leaning against Ashton sports car, making out.

I stayed frozen in spot until I heard my dad's car engine. I snap back to reality and went to my dad's car to get my textbook. I tried my best to hide my teary eyes at my dad. I quickly thank him and hurriedly went back inside. I went to the girl's bathroom and spend the second period there crying. I don't even know why I'm crying.

When I heard the bell rang, I stood up from my seat and went to my third period. People on the hallway kept staring at me. And it's freaking me out!

When I entered the room my eyes landed on Bella who's still grinning like an idiot. Who's this lucky guy that she's been dreaming all night. I ask her later that. I wish I was Bella, she's always smiling not like me always crying. I waved at her and she waved back. As soon I am near her, her smile drop.

"Are you crying?" She asked, concern in her voice.

Shit, I forgot to wash my face. Why didn't I look my reflection at the mirror first before I head out. Stupid Ciara! "I am?" I ask, releasing a nervous laugh.

She glared at me, "What happened?"

"The janitor splashed the dust in my face." I told her, smiling. I wish she would buy it.

"Ciara," she said in a threatening voice.

"Fine." then I told her the whole story the time I forgot my textbook, dialing my dad's number. Sitting alone on the staircase of the entrance and hearing the loud moan, finding out it was Britney with Ashton making out and spending the second period on the girl's bathroom, crying.

I expect her to break down crying but what she said completely new. "Let's show him that you already moved on and you completely changed." then she start the evil laughing.

-End of Chapter Two-