Chapter 2

I groaned, sitting up. Rubbing my eyes, I reached over with one hand and hit the button on my alarm. 

I grabbed one of my pillows, smashing it into my face. "Why? Why now?!" I screamed into it.

Sighing, I laid back on my back. This was going to be a long, stressful day. I threw the pillow I had on my face at the wall, really not liking how today was starting off already. I had the house all to myself for a month, seeming that my parents were both out of town.

My mother, being a famous lawyer, was called out of town to do a case in Utah. If you ask me, I don't think its worth it to fly so far, seeming that we live all the way in New York. She's always flying out of town at least 2 times a month. This time she's going to be gone for 3 weeks.

My father is just an ass hole. He works as a CEO of some huge company. He thinks that since he's a "big shot" he can just do what ever the hell he wants. In which case, he think's he can go screw some other woman. Yes, everyone in my family knows that he is cheating on my mother. No, my parents haven't and aren't getting divorced. My mother seems to think that it's better to keep a "good reputation" than just divorce him. From what I have gotten from her, she think's that since we're a wealthy family we should keep the 'picture perfect family' image going. As in both parents together, acting like nothing is going on, nothing has happened enough to effect the family.

Sighing, I got up and walked down to the kitchen. When I got there, I pulled out some bacon and eggs for breakfast. While cooking, I started to think about how peaceful the house was without my parents arguing constantly and my 2 older brothers moved out of the house during the fall.

When I finished I poured all the food onto a plate, turned off the stove, and went to go sit by myself in the huge dining room. While eating, my eyes started wondering around the room, looking at every detail, just like I have done the 3 years. The light brown walls with paintings and mirrors hanging off of them. My eyes lingered on one of my favorite paintings that was hanging up. It was of the country, remotely looking like the field that was in my dream. It was gorgeous, but nothing like the real country that I wished I could be in right now. Nothing could ever be exactly like the country I loved so much.

Once I finished my breakfast, I picked up my plate and stood up, forgetting about the giant glass chandler that was hanging so slow. Grumbling and rubbing my head a bit, I walked into the giant kitchen and put my plate in the sink.

Sighing once again, I turned and leaned against the granite counter. I started rubbing my temples, thinking this just really was going to be a long day.